All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Playfield turns green?!?

blubberpud

Hey!  I am in the process of building a cabinet, have 3 screens and when I launch a game from PinballX my playfield (Display1) turns green in the "Loading..." screen and colors are messed until I reset the resolution or reboot.  Has anyone seen this or have any recommendations?

Launching tables from VP9.92 - no issues

System Win7 64x / NVidia GTX 750 Ti

PinballX 3.28 (32bit) / VisualPinball 9.92 / VPM 3.1

Thanks in advance, Jay

20190208_152814.jpg

20190208_152946.jpg

20190208_153030.jpg

Does it stay green when playing in visual pinball or in windows as well when it happens or only inside pinballx ? If it's only in pinballx it's probably the codecs you need as draco pointed out. If it happens elsewhere i would also make sure to have latest video card drivers installed from nvidia themselves not the windows supplied ones.

• Like 1

I had the same with my Samsung Tv when starting the cab.

Removing the Hdmi and put back was a workaround 

During powering on of the cabinet, the pc started on a 4k 60hz resolution mode, but the TV was starting in 4k 30p. This gave me the same behaviour.

First as workaround I set the resolution to 4k 30hz when shutting down the pc and at startup of pbx I moved it to 4k 60hz again.

Finally I changed a setting in the Tv. Set it to pc mode (but that causes some lag) and another setting (that prevents the lag), but not sure what the setting was)

That fixed iyt for me

And use HDMI1 port !! 

On 2/10/2019 at 1:31 AM, Mike_da_Spike said:

I had the same with my Samsung Tv when starting the cab.

Removing the Hdmi and put back was a workaround 

During powering on of the cabinet, the pc started on a 4k 60hz resolution mode, but the TV was starting in 4k 30p. This gave me the same behaviour.

First as workaround I set the resolution to 4k 30hz when shutting down the pc and at startup of pbx I moved it to 4k 60hz again.

Finally I changed a setting in the Tv. Set it to pc mode (but that causes some lag) and another setting (that prevents the lag), but not sure what the setting was)

That fixed iyt for me

And use HDMI1 port !! 

Thanks everyone for your helpful responses!

It ended up that I was plugged into the side HDMI2, switched it over the HDMI1 on the back and seems to be stable with no lag :)

• Like 2

• Draco1962 changed the title to [RESOLVED] Playfield turns green?!?
  • Draco1962 locked this topic