All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] How to set the backglass correctly?

rpvrpv

Hi all,

I have some issues with setting up my backglass in pinball x correctly and it is driving me mad.

The issue is that only one table (tommy) is showing a back glass when browsing through the tables. For the others the screen remains black.

IMG_1839.jpg.5a6d4581b58054b1e0eb2d90c2924fa0.jpg

For thIS table showing a back glass i also see the dmd double and the speaker grill?

For those not showing a back glass; once I launch the table (i added example pictures for IJ) I see suddenly a back glass (with a grill) which disappears and finally the table loads with the normal back glass.

IMG_1840.jpg.8939e9f1b9c3b6b6b7b18359c206dec5.jpgIMG_1841.jpg.9a66aead5af415608dd17514cb0c1a31.jpgIMG_1843.jpg.271448acdca7ac603a20094381528eab.jpg

Anyone any ideas what I am doing wrong?  

I have attached the ini, xml and log files.

Totally agree with Outhere.   I stopped using B2S in PinballX early on when I built my cab.   It is a cool feature but the lag due to it having to load the backglass and rom when scrolling through tables really made it slow even on a higher end system.  Videos are definately the way to go.

You can use the built in functionality in Game Manager or PBX Recorder 

By the way, it looks like you have 64bit pinballx installed - the 32bit version won't have the compatibility issues you're getting running B2S in the front end now, but i'd 3rd the view that videos are definitely the way to  go for a smooth front end.

15 hours ago, Outhere said:

You're better off using videos,Instead of the b2S

Turn off

AutoPositionB2S=True
UseB2S=True

AutoConfigure=True

I not yet started with using videos, but first used this advise. I now see for all the backglass! Great, but for the majority I also still see the grill and dmd being shown like in the earlier picture I attached for Tommy. How do i get rid of this?

10 minutes ago, rpvrpv said:

I not yet started with using videos, but first used this advise. I now see for all the backglass! Great, but for the majority I also still see the grill and dmd being shown like in the earlier picture I attached for Tommy. How do i get rid of this?

Nevermind.... :-( I figured it out :-)

6 minutes ago, Outhere said:

Hi Outhere, I have a two screen setup with real pindmd3.

The issue is appearing only when browsing through the tables in pinballx, when I load the table I have no issue with the grill. 

One more question regarding the backglass; so now all my back glasses are fine in pinball, but for one table (the avengers) the backglass shows a miniature version once i launch the table?

All other tables are fine.

Where can I change this back to normal?

IMG_1865.thumb.jpg.603e1bb5d74438d42f1c22ec72118752.jpg

14 minutes ago, Draco1962 said:

Not sure if you noted or not, but did you download the latest version of PinballX and install as 32-bit (default) over your 64-bit installation?

I have now the 32bit version version installed, without change

5 minutes ago, Outhere said:

I tried your back glass it worked fine for me....

Post wherever you download the back glass from....

You don't happen have a Avengers.res file in the same folder?

I have no *.res files or what so ever on my pc unfortunately.

I had the same in the past. Not sure how I fixed, but I thought it has to do with the b2sTablesettings.xml 

Open it with notepad, find the section for avengers. Check if it is different than the other tables (like use exe)

You can also delete the section and launch the table again. 

Hope this helps

On 1/31/2019 at 10:50 PM, scutters said:

You can use the built in functionality in Game Manager or PBX Recorder 

By the way, it looks like you have 64bit pinballx installed - the 32bit version won't have the compatibility issues you're getting running B2S in the front end now, but i'd 3rd the view that videos are definitely the way to  go for a smooth front end.

I finally wanted to make start with creating videos by using the build in functionality in Game Manager, but (sorry...) agin run into issues.

I really tried to figure out how to fix this before posting another question, but I seem not to be able to solve it.

I get: ffmpeg.exe not found. To use this feature please place ffmpeg.exe in the application folder.

I followed this instruction without luck.