All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

X360CE and PinballX

PcTeknic

I.m using 32bit files of XBox360CE in the Fx2 and Fx3 folders. (64bits files dont work because is a 32bit game)

When i launch FX2 or FX3 manually, XBox360CE its running and working.

When i launch FX3 via PinballX, XBox360CE its running and working.

When i launch FX2 via PinballX, XBox360CE its running but not working.

ah so it probably does find the wrapper dll (because you say xbox 360ce is running)  when doing it from pinballx, but somehow it's not working that's very weird can't think of anything whats causing that immediatly...

i have one more idea but it's a longshot, can you check if there is a file named "xinput1_3.dll" or "xinput1_4.dll" etc in the folder where pinballx.exe is (usually c:\pinballx) if there is such file temporary rename it to something else and try again. If there is no such file in the pinballx directory then it's ok but if there is it might be loading that one and still give you the beep it does.

Theres also another way to verify it. Using process explorer, when the game is running (run it windowed temporary or use alt+tab) launch process explorer (from sysinternals, currently owned by microsoft https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer) and set lower pane view to dll view (in the view menu on top) and then highlight pinball fx2 and verify if the xinput1_3.dll looks similar like this :
image.thumb.png.8d060b9db7883e58335883bbd3e9c22e.png

do it twice once running from pinballx and once from steam directly in both cases the path column should show same location for the xinput1_3 file. If it does not when running from inside pinballx try renaming (temporary) the xinput1_3.dll in the location the path shows when running from pinballx and and try again by restarting pinballx.

In both cases it should show the steam pinball fx2 install location if it's different when running it from pinballx you know the problem

if it shows xinput1_2.dll or xinput1_4.dll in another location than the one when running from steam rename that file temporary as that could be the cause.

Keep repeating it untile path is exactly the same when running from steam and pinballx.

If it still does not work then or paths are already the same, i'm really out of ideas 

I'm out of idea's, in both cases it seems to load the correct xinput wrapper dll xbox 360ce created... i do see in the log of pinballx it seems to detect 2 joystick devices but not much more info.

Could you still tell us which PCB Controller you are using and which plunger ? Maybe someone having the same system can chime in and tell if they have the same problem.

It also seems it's not possible to disable joystick input in pinballx at least i could not find such setting otherwise you could have tried to completely disable joystick initialising / input in pinballx.

I am not sure if this could be the culprit and I am probably totally wrong. 

I noticed that Avast is active. Avast and other "free" anti-virus/malware apps have caused problems, but usually more obvious, such as blocking a program or read-writes when a program is running.

Have you tried disabling Avast and running Fx2 via PinballX to see if that helps?

I have also one more idea, i noticed your pinballx log detected 2 joystick devices.

Could you go to control panel and to your joystick devices, Like in my case i have to right click the arduino controller (with you it's most definatly something else), it should also work if you right click on the computer device also like in my case PINBALLCAB) and choose "game controller settings" it does not matter which device you right click it always shows same controller settings screen

image.png.dba4acebefe9725ea536bd62de70c378.png

or

image.png.fd1453acb7ab18d1eea468bec4c731bc.png

so you get this screen:
image.png.5bf326b18019bcd6b0bd2327cbaffcda.png

i think it will also show 2 devices with you because pinballx detected 2 then click the advanced button (do it also if it only shows one device) and try once with selecting the 1st joystick device in that screen if not work try the other. Or if nothing is selected try selecting the only one available and see if that makes a difference
image.png.b99058c0f4c956215f911a2aeff41188.png

Normally you should select the device from your plunger / controller there and make sure to close all the dialogs by pressing ok on each screen before you try it again running from pinballx. If i selected the wrong device there my pfx2 was acting weird also (like not registering certain button presses) but not sure that is the problem with you

2 hours ago, PcTeknic said:

Use 2 USB2JOY 2 Player interfaces.

With the buttons connected to the Joy2 of the ineterface 1, I got the problem.

With the buttons connected to the Joy1 of interface 1 it is already working correctly.

Is it possible this is an interface problem? If using both for different things, can you switch inputs? This would seem to me to be the solution.

• Like 1