All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Keyboard (Cab controls through iPAC) have suddenly stopped responding

Carnovash

After installing some new Windows updates on my cab, all of a sudden the keyboard controls (Cab controls through iPAC) have stopped responding to the PinballX front-end.  I've checked the control settings and they are still mapped correctly, and the controls work fine if I run Pinball FX3 directly.  I thought it might be an application focus issue, but after tabbing back and forth the cab controls still do not work.  This has been working fine for quite a while.  Has anyone else experienced something like this?  Any ideas?  Thanks!

Also, if you are reporting a possible issue with PinballX, you should attach copies of your pinballx.ini and log.txt files so they can be reviewed. 

You also need to tell us if you are using any 3rd party software, such as x360ce, Xpadder, Joy2Key, or other related software.

15 hours ago, BrandonLaw said:

You try to reassign the USB port?  Just swap the IPAC to another port...oddly enough will take steps to assign the IRQ as 'new' re-validating the hardware. Does a regular keyboard work?

I haven't tried to reassign the USB port yet, but I also have a wireless keyboard that I use to configure the cab, and it also does not send any inputs properly to PinballX.  With a mouse if I click inside of the PinballX screen it will send a command PinballX it seems, but after that one command the keyboards continue to not function.

On 1/31/2019 at 7:13 AM, Draco1962 said:

Also, if you are reporting a possible issue with PinballX, you should attach copies of your pinballx.ini and log.txt files so they can be reviewed. 

You also need to tell us if you are using any 3rd party software, such as x360ce, Xpadder, Joy2Key, or other related software.

I must be talking to myself. Can you attach the requested files and answer question? Thank you.

• Haha 1

On 1/31/2019 at 4:13 AM, Draco1962 said:

Finally had the chance to fire up my cab and get the requested files.  No other 3rd party software related to controls are being used.  I do have dmdext-v1.6.0 setup to run my DMD display.  Thanks!

PinballX.ini

log.txt

• Like 1