All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Logo help

Badazzwi

I have been slowly setting up Gameex Arcade Edition to my liking and I usually can work out issues my self but this one is frustrating me. Slowly adding games and everything is fine except the logo for Tekken 3 wont show up in game selection. Just plain text. It's in the logo folder. The rom and logo are the same name. I've deleted and redownloaded. I've renamed other logos to tekken3 to see if they show up and no. Just plain text. I know it probably wouldnt matter to most but it bothers the heck out of me. Any thoughts?

Is it possible that there is more than one ROM that is being recognized as Tekken 3 under a slightly different name?

Can you attach a copy of your gameex.ini and log.txt file after selecting Tekken 3 from the menu and attempting to play? Thanks!

I have checked my own configuration and cannot determine why your system is not finding the logo file for Tekken 3. Below are the ROM names in my setup and the corresponding logo files named. You will note that there is not a direct correlation between the ROM names and the logo names. GameEx Arcade is likely using a "fuzzy match" to pair up the logo to available ROMs.

Are your logo files in .png format? Mine are.

image.png

image.png

Yep logos are png. I'm baffled. It doesn't make sense. I'm using non merged roms so I can just add the games I want and keep it clean. Maybe I'll try other versions of the rom and see what happens.

Is there an explanation somewhere on how Gameex handles non merged, split and merged roms?

No real explanation as to how they are handled by GameEx. Most of the "handling" is done by MAME. The fact that you are not having this issue with others is puzzling. A few more questions:

- What MAME version are you using?

- Do your ROMs match your MAME version?

- When you add new ROMs, are you updating your list within GameEx Arcade each time?

You may have tried this already, but if not it may be worth a shot.

Remove anything related to Tekken>Launch GameEx>Update, exit normally.

Replace Tekken files>Launch>Update.

It may just be something that went south on the build, and this "might" correct that.

I stumbled across some threads about clear logos exhibiting this type of behavior.

Clear, layers....etc., isn't much my thing, but I thought I'd mention it just in case it provided some potential insight as to what was going on here.

Transparency shouldn't be an issue. The fact that he was able to get it to load using the tekken3ua.png means that GameEx Arcade is using a "fuzzy match" to load the logo file. it may be that the file name for the logo has a space between tekken3 and .png (i.e. tekken3 .png). Just taking a stab here based upon similar issues with PinballX.