All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

a way to see all artwork ?

simbamame

Hi All,

I use the Game Manager to manage all my art that i use in my PINcab, which is great but does any body know if there is a program or a way to show what images are actually being used? what i mean by this is i have over 800 tables and the only way i know if my art is correct is to go in PBX and run it and then scroll threw each table making a note if the playfield, backglass and DMD is correct for the table... does any body know of a program that allows you to view on one screen the PF, BG and DMD for each table that if i then find one incorrect i could use a second screen to search the net for the correct art ?, or do i have to go threw each table making a note then importing and then re running PBX?.

As always thanks in advance for any help or advise.

I don't know of anything. Game Manager does list what media is missing but only previews the wheel image, if you don't find anything then maybe a feature request to have optional media preview in game manager?

Edit: Had a thought and this sounds a bit messy (because it is) but you might be able to create a new pinballx.ini file  (backup current one 1st!) that shows pinball x playfield, dmd & backglass on one screen and then have game manager open on another at the same time. Then restore original pinballx.ini after. Just a thought... and i did say messy didn't i?!

No way within PinballX. I don't know how to program, but would think that so long as you have an xml for each system of tables that it wouldn't be too difficult to knock together a utility that would read the system's XML, look for the media paths in the pinballx.ini and audit the artwork and display a thumbnail of the snap/video/audio file along with the format or display a default no video/no audio graphic for the absence thereof. If that description suits what you are looking for.

Could call it PinballX Media Auditor. Not sexy, but when is anything with "auditor" in the name? Ever hear or see a "Naughty Auditor" in bedroom play? Me neither.

Came across this in an older post 

Doesn't show thumbnails straight off, but the html report it generates does have hyperlinks to open them and it highlights very quickly tables with missing media, if you ask nicely over at vpuniverse they might update it to show thumbnails.

Looks look i now need to check media for a few tables i have loaded..

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

@scutters +1 for this, ive downloaded version 1.7 and its been a big help. THANKS!! :D