All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Nintendo’s Switch Online is slowly turning into an amazing classic games service

tthurman

Nintendo for me is a love/hate relationship.   On one hand, the NES and SNES will always be the greatest to me, but it's no secret the classic versions of these have caused me to loathe the company for their business practices.

Still, there's no denying the fact that they continue the survive and thrive cycle with seemingly amazing industry insight!

Nintendo’s Switch Online is slowly turning into an amazing classic games service

I like the idea of "GAMEFLIX", if you will, It just can't compete with retroarch IMO. It is good to see that Nintendo is starting to realize the value retro games still have, instead of neglecting them. It would be nice to see a more robust library of games from across many systems. Not having to navigate the virus laden basements of the internet for roms is the biggest appeal.

BUT! Does nintendo have run-ahead latency reduction like retroarch does? Nope. I don't think I'll be replacing RA anytime soon.