All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

F10 To Save Game/MAME

myonions

Howdy Folks
The other day I was playing Rampage with the Kids on MAME. They were loving it but we wanted to go out.

So my son say's "Won't that mean we have to start again?". So I press F10 and it saves the game and reverts back to GameEx - lovely.

However F10 is also the button to turn off throttling in MAME and so now the game is crazy fast until I quit and restart the game.

Is there a  way I can bind another Key to save the game and return to GameEx?

I don't think I have the option in MAME.

Gracias

Edited by tthurman
Moved: GameEx>General

Hello myonions,

You should be able to rebind the Throttle command in Mame to some other key (or nothing at all). Press 'Tab' while running a Mame Game and search the menus. You can find it under General Input > User Interface > Throttle. If you have a newer version of Mame, you may be able to access the menu by running the Mame executable on it's own. 193 is what I am using and it allows for it. If you have not edited the bindings before, just take it slow. It is easy to get them all screwed up if you hit the wrong entries.

Otherwise, check to see if you have F10 set up in the Setup Wizard > Input Commands > Global Exit. By default, I am fairly certain F10 is not set up in GameEx to exit games.