All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Can't create a List for Pinball FX3 in PBX

GAH1068

I went to create a few new lists in PBX so I could save time from scrolling through my ever growing table list  (Now at 580 tables between all the systems :D).     I created a few new groups for Arcooda, VPX and Zaccaria and was able to assign a list to the group no problem.    For whatever reason the list for Pinball FX3 tables is not being displayed in the Lists drop down (see below).    I tried to  just copy the database name into the Group XML file that I created but it doesn't display in the List in PBX either.

All the other lists I create are working fine so this appears to be an PBX bug or I am just not following how lists work since it doesn't even display the list in the drop-down.    My Pinball FX3 database exists,  all the tables/media display in PBX when scrolling through All tables and I have no problem launching them.     When I try and select the list while in PBX the FX3 one isn't even displayed.   All the other created ones do.   

Fx3-Not-in-list.jpg

Including my Ini, Log, FX3 DB files.   I have deleted and re-added the group changing the name a few times but that didn't have any effect either.

FX3.xml

Pinball FX3.xml

PinballX.ini

log.txt

At one time there was a limit as to the number tables could load into Game List Manager. I am not aware of any limitation at this time. Does the list otherwise load in PinballX?

The group for vp is over 240 tables and fx3 should only be right about 100 so that doesn't seem like the problem.    I created 4 groups in total.   3 work fine and work when selecting lists.   The FX3 list does not display at all.  

You noted over 500 tables between all systems. So talking more than 340 tables.

You may want to zip all table XMLs for Tom to test whether or not the limit issue  has returned 

Attaching other database files as requested.    Just to be clear I have 580 tables in PinballX from multiple different systems (VPX, VP9, PM5, PBA, Arcooda, Zaccaria, Malzbies, Pinball Wicked).      When using default of all tables everything is fine.   I see and can lauch all systems fine.       For the systems that have a lot of tables I was just creating a new group and then assigning it's default list to it.    This was  I can select the list for Arcooda and only see Arcooda tables.     This worked for the 200+ VP tables, the 78 Arcooda and 99 Zaccaria.   If I bring up lists and select if from menu below it is displaying only those tables. 

pbx-lists.png

FX3 tables are NEVER displayed in the list selector to assign to a group.   All the other are though.

Malzbies Pinball Collection.xml

The Pinball Arcade.xml

Arcooda.xml

Future Pinball.xml

Visual Pinball 9.xml

Zaccaria.xml

VPX.xml

i have over 800 tables spread over 4 lists so its not a table limit error. 

SM

• Thanks 1

replaced my fx3 files with yours and they appear in the PBX menu and the game manager list.

Creating a copy of my Pinball FX3.xml and naming it FX3.xml now added the FX3 Tables to the favorites like I list above.    It shows j85 tables when I select the list in PBX which is correct.

It doesn't make sense why it works so I still think there is some small bug in PBX.        All the other systems I have defined show uo when working with groups  and let me assign their list to it.    

I create a custom group called Arcooda and using the group manager can assign the Arcooda \ Arcooda list to it.

<group name="Arcooda">
    <database>Arcooda\Arcooda</database>
</group>

I create on called FX3 and go to assign my FX3 list to it  and there is nothing in the drop down for Pinball FX3.   All the other systems list display fine,.      The group file contains the following.

<group name="FX3">
</group>

I guess in the end it works but seems like a very strange quirk.   Thanks for everyone looking for me.

39 minutes ago, GAH1068 said:

Creating a copy of my Pinball FX3.xml and naming it FX3.xml now added the FX3 Tables to the favorites like I list above.    It shows j85 tables when I select the list in PBX which is correct.

It doesn't make sense why it works so I still think there is some small bug in PBX.        All the other systems I have defined show uo when working with groups  and let me assign their list to it.    

I create a custom group called Arcooda and using the group manager can assign the Arcooda \ Arcooda list to it.

<group name="Arcooda">
    <database>Arcooda\Arcooda</database>
</group>

I create on called FX3 and go to assign my FX3 list to it  and there is nothing in the drop down for Pinball FX3.   All the other systems list display fine,.      The group file contains the following.

<group name="FX3">
</group>

I guess in the end it works but seems like a very strange quirk.   Thanks for everyone looking for me.

Just a stray thought, could it be because the name you are attempting to use is protected for exclusive use by PinballX for the integrated FX3 support?

10 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

Just a stray thought, could it be because the name you are attempting to use is protected for exclusive use by PinballX for the integrated FX3 support?

That certainly is a possibility.   Hopefully Tom can take a look and see.    What I have working now is ok but it means I have to maintain two xml files as Zen releases new tables to keep the FX3 list working.   Not a big deal but would be nice to be able to include the defalt list that from the database instead.