All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Gameex and emumovies do not use same folders naming

Kabuji74

Hi everybody,

I have a little problem, I first used emumovies sync to download all artworks and videos snaps for my systems, then I try to use gameex auto downloading feature....but it seems that both are not using the same folder naming convention. One is using '_' between words for example as the other is using spaces. And Gameex Evolution seems to use is SYSTEM_NAME variable to create folder like [console handled] Sega.....

I am a bit confused now, why not using the same naming convention and is it a way to change gameex conf (specially with gameex evolution) to be synchronized with emumovies ?

Thank you for your help

You noted GameEx in the title yet mention GameEx Evolution in the thread. Are you reporting issues with both frontends? If so, please open a separate thread in the GameEx Evolution General thread as they are separate programs with probable different resolutions.

That said, if you wish to work on GameEx here, please attach copies of your gameex.ini and log.txt files for review. Thanks.

Admittedly I do not use the sync feature, in part due to how I have my system media organized. I have always found it easier to download what I needed than rely on the sync or fight with it if my storage locations change 

There is a relationship present between Tom and the emumovies group since GameEx utilizes some of the assets there, but emumovies is not part of spesoft. That site advertises use by a number of front ends. Tom did write the emusync program, but notice that it is housed on emumovies and not at spesoft.

I agree with you that it would be nice if the emusync application allowed for more customization as far as target folders. I have made such a request on several occasions myself in the GameEx forum. My guess is that either the change does not fit the needs of emusync or it is one of the many tasks on a long list that he has not had time to look over. Ultimately, I ended up changing my GameEx folder structure to match the emumovies sync application instead and it works out fine.

Well I will go back to my previous organization, same as Emumovies sync application. I decided to change because I tried Gameex evolution and it seems we can't change its folder organization either.

I wanted a unified system but I understand it is not possible for now. I will go on Gameex Evolution threads for the next steps.

• Draco1962 changed the title to [RESOLVED] Gameex and emumovies do not use same folders naming
  • Draco1962 locked this topic