All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Mother of All Breaches

tthurman

Exposes 773 Million Emails, 21 Million Passwords

In checking my addresses on the  HIBP site I can see that the same confirmed breaches for me still exist, with these latest as unconfirmed.  Kroil has sent me notifications these are circulating the dark web too, but I changed those years ago.  

Personally, I don't use a password manager, as I'm a bit concerned those could get into the wrong hands and be disastrous.  I recall Adultery has mentioned he uses one and likes it so I'm probably overthinking it.

Yeah he hooked me on LastPass.  Seems to be working ok so far.  I set up triple level security.  They already guarantee the data is secured and nobody but you have access to your passwords because the databases are encrypted at time of creation.  However, I have mine set up to also require a 6-digit PIN, which requires a phone app to generate (it changes every 30 seconds).  My 3rd level is that the app I have on my phone will only unlock the app with my fingerprint.  It's a little annoying at times, but I'd rather open the app with a thumbprint (1) to get a code to type into LastPass (2) AFTER I've given it my Master Password (3), than worry about my account info getting hacked.  MOST (not all yet) of my online accounts now have 20-30+ character randomly generated passwords which LastPass can create for you.  You can even have it ask you to update/create new passwords every "X" days too.  I've not tried setting that up yet.  It's completely free, but they do offer premium versions which as far as I can tell only allows you to share your keys with somebody like a family member should you die or something.  I guess that would be nice, but unless I'm a millionaire, I don't see why my brother would need to access my bank account or email even after I die.  I'm sure the banks have a way to verify him and verify I'm dead for him to get access and/or pay my bills.