All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] New install - 32 or 64bits?

piddu

Thanks for the reply.

I've made this question because I've read this:

- The install now defaults to a 32 bit install, for both new installs and anyone upgrading from a release prior to this one. If you are not using the 32 bit version select the option on install. It caused numerous support issues previously and it just wasn't a good idea to default to 64 bit in hindsight.

Your best bet if you use any third party add-ons is to stick with the 32-bit version of PinballX as there are known compatibility issues with many of the community developed add-ons that are not 64 bit.

At some point, this will likely change, but for the foreseeable future, I'd recommend you stick with 32-bit based on what I"ve read in the support forums.

64-bit leverages greater access to system resources, such as RAM. If you are running B2S, then there will be a compatibility issue as B2S is only compatible with the 32-bit version of PinballX.

• Draco1962 changed the title to [RESOLVED] New install - 32 or 64bits?
  • Draco1962 locked this topic