GOTQ 2nd 2019  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Please limit selection to 2!

• Wacko
    • Kicker
    • Alien Syndrome
    • GO GO Mile Smile
    • Pacman

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 04/01/19 at 04:00 AM

Thanks all who voted last quarter.    The winning game was Kung-Fu Master, and is now available for all to play!  We're starting the next round now with 5 fresh new games (well, you know what I mean!).  Feel free to take you're time voting.  The round ends April 1st.  Also, don't forget that you can offer up suggestions for other games you'd like to play.  Currently these games we're voting on were randomly selected from a list of other suggestions, so feel free to comment/reply an additional one or three.  Happy voting guys, and enjoy the new game!

I really hope Alien Syndrome wins.  I took the game for a spin last night and found it quite entertaining.   Now back to getting my ass kicked at the Dojo in Kung Fu Master.

My experience with Alien Syndrome is unique.  But then again, everybody's experience with EVERY game is going to be unique.  :)  Way back when I was a kid, we had an Atari 800.  For Christmas one year, our Grandma found a used Sega Master System at a garage sale.  She bought it for $10 and gave it to us as a gift.  We only had 2 games, Black Belt (which came inside an Alex Kidd box, but no Alex Kidd game sadly), and a combination cart of Hang-On and Safari Hunt (although, like before, it was missing something, the light gun!).  So a few months go by, and my birthday comes up.  I got 2 games, and picked them both.  Lord of the Sword and Alien Syndrome.  Well honestly, Lord of the Sword we got at Toys R Us (the only store around to buy games from) and Alien Syndrome was a garage sale find.   Anyway, history aside, I found a lot more enjoyment playing Alien Syndrome than I did with Lord of the Sword (although Hang-On probably got the most use).  I think I made it Level 5 once, but it was so long ago it's hard to remember.  One thing I DO remember though is figuring out that the 9-pin controller plug matched the Atari's, so I was able to play it with a real joystick and not that severely uncomfortable thumb pad.  It's design was similar to what we're all used to now, but this one was a big square pad with raised bumps to indicate the compass directions, unlike current gen stuff which has no bumps, or they're recessed into the pad.  Your thumb definitely felt it after a while!  So the joystick was a great improvement.  Not to mention it was what Dad was familiar with, which meant we could play together.