All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

adding Malzbies?

simbamame

Having problem implementing in PBX where am i going wrong? ANd where do i put the XML file?

file.jpg

i did see this but thought it was only for the irotate program better I read a bit closer, i only wanted to just get PBX to launch the main program and then i select the table via the game.

@simbamame the xml is the game database so you put it in the databases folder in a folder you defined when setting up your system (see 2nd entry in your screenshot). However you will not need my xml if you want to run the main game only and select tables manually (ingame instead through pinballx) What you need to do is keep your settings, but i would run it through steam using same parameters i used. It's possible it will run using the exe as well. What you need to do next is add a bogus game table through game manager and call it "Launch Malzbies pinball collection" with a made up gamename. Then it will just start the game if you choose that (bogus) table. You might wanna add a groups xml as well so you can select it from the lists menu like this one "Malzbies Pinball Collection.xml" place it in databases / Groups and just create one bogus game for it using game manager. You will however have problems with the game if your playfield is not running in portrait mode and you might have problems with menu's if you encounter the joystick problem i have and had described in the other topic.

On a side note the author is going to release a backglass media pack to get higher resolution screens of the backglass and he's also going to release (normally today) a new version of the game where it should remember the last used camera per table plus the joystick bug might be fixed but will need to be tested first. He added a deadzone for the joysticks before reacting to it. If the problem was a no deadzone setting it should be fixed if the problem was the zaxis of the plunger it will probably not be fixed and you might have problems navigating the menu's

Basically the only thing you were missing was a bogus table / game to launch it

image.png.40301511e42b61b132114bb9aa1f8f99.png

HI thanks for the reply, i had done all you described above with XML databade and adding to group, i also added all the Tables in game Manager for the media etc so wheel, BG and TAble PF all work in PBX... i can select the table but PBX just hangs after it says Loading Table, the screen goes blank and i have to ALT CTRL DEL to break in. Ive done as Draco1962 said with the parameters but still no go.

I dont use STEAM hense using the EXE.

Which version of the game do you have then ? i'm not aware of any other version available then on steam. It could be the version you have does not have the required changes to run with commandline parameters as the author only added them in (on steam version) like a day or 2 ago? Or is the game available on some other platform ? it's not a pirated version is it because then your on your own i do not support that. All games dlc together is less than 5 euro so there's no excuse for pirating it if that was the case

Could you try running from a cmd prompt while first cd'ing into your F:\games\malzbies pinball collection directory and then running without quotes to see if it runs the starts the time to fight back table ? so something like

run cmd when doing window key +r

then typing each line below and pressing enter after each line and check if F:\games\malzbies pinball collection is still the correct one

f:
cd  F:\games\malzbies pinball collection
PinballCollection.exe -startTable ttfb

If not it could be your game is not updated to have the commandline parameters.

I still have my original AHK script to select tables using the menu's so you could use that if you want to but it needs modifcations as i did not use the same parameters as the author used (but i can modify) and i first want to make sure your not running a pirated version before i would supply that script

Also if the loading screen / blackscreen stays it could mean a number of things
Your launch before scripts hang meaning you did not use start parameter in batch files to run certain things or if your using irotate it does not quit and you had set wait before launch before script executed but thats needed anyway because you need to make sure your playfield screen is rotated before you start the game (so that's the reason why i don't use start parameter on irotate and let it exit immediatly using /exit after it has rotated the screen). or you use another programs in launch before script which do not quit and pinballx is waiting for them to quit before going further

It could also mean the game crashes or is hanging (see if pinballcollection.exe is running or not in windows taskmanager) or you supplied wrong parameters or you did use steam version but are trying to run exe directly (which normally should work as i think it would start steam anyway then due to included. I just tested it myselve from cmd prompt it seems it does not start the steam client with me so it's indeed possible to launch using exe directly.

if you did buy steam version but run exe directly did the cmd command work ? if not its either your launch before script, the game hanging or something else also did you add "-starttable [TABLEFILE]" without parameters to your parametes sections of the exe and did you make sure to update the game recently through steam (for example if you run your cab offline)? or show me your pinballx settings / ini file again so i can check the setup myselve

Im shocked you'd even think i would use pirated stuff, our local shop was selling it, it was in an official case so i assumed it was legit. 

The read me says version.V1.2.1.5

So it could be that its an older version like you mentioned as it was only £2.99, if thats the case i will have to use steam then.

Im having on odd error with PBX and wondered if anybody has had this error ( if it is )

Sometime PBX freezes ( at the moment it does it when trying to run Malzbies Pinball collection ) 

In order to escape out i have to do the SHIFT ALT DEL option and kill it in task manager, when i then return to the desktop i have lost my task bar, if i go into windows it says its enabled but i have to untick and re tick it to get it back... does any body else have this, im using Windows 10 64bit, with the 32 bit PBX as the 64 bit gave me no end of problems.

2 hours ago, simbamame said:

Im shocked you'd even think i would use pirated stuff, our local shop was selling it, it was in an official case so i assumed it was legit. 

The read me says version.V1.2.1.5

So it could be that its an older version like you mentioned as it was only £2.99, if thats the case i will have to use steam then.

I'm sorry i was unaware of a physical release i could not find any information about that. You could also ask the author how you can update the physical release.. You could try contacting him on steam or using facebook https://www.facebook.com/malzbiegames

latest steam version is  
Version 1.6.4.4 (12/29/2018)
- The Game now remembers the last used camera position of each table.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/729580/discussions/0/1697175413668515976/

So it does indeed seem you got some older version which does not have the command line parameters. the command line parameters got added in this version:
Version 1.6.4.3 (12/27/2018)
- Added a direct load of a table by using the command line argumet -startTable following by the table name

I can send you my initial script which navigated the menu's but it's slower than command line and i'm not sure it would work with the physical release ... would save you from buying it again ? It was what i used in my initial video But i'll have to modify the parameters first so it can use the same tablenames as the one the author is using in the steam version and you would need to modify it a bit as well to reflect your installation path to launch pinballcollection.Exe as it currently tries to run the steam version

I think pinballx hides the taskbar when a game is started (can be done in code) and shows it again when the table has finished at least that seems to be whats happening if i observe behaviour on my end but i'm not 100% certain. So if that would be the case and you kill pinballx while it had locked up (during a game / table being played) the taskbar is and will stay hidden as you noticed.

Edit: just tested it when playing a game and by killing pinballx so its probably hiding the taskbar and thats why you would not see it if pinballx might crash when a table / game is playing or you kill it using taskmanager as it could not run the code to show the taskbar again. So basically what i said above. Another trick would be to just start pinballx again and start a game and close it then the taskbar   reappears (you can still bring up part of the startmenu by pressing windows button) so you can start pinballx if you got a shortcut or place a shortcut on your desktop (unless you want to keep it clean)

I can understand why pinballx is doing that as it could popup when people are running windowed full screen games / visual pinball ..

so i think it's intended to do that but just not that it locks up or you having to kill it

Just an idea but does your version of malzbies pinball collection have an option to run the game windowed (fullscreen/borderless) instead of fullscreen ? if so you could give that a shot and see if it still gives you that problem of locking up

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks all for the assistance.. to be honest ive found it easier to just use the steam version and pay as it so cheap and it does help the creator and im all for that :-).