All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

PBX wont launch MAME games. Stuck on loading.

wrd1972

Okay I am trying to use PBX, for MAME.

SO I have checked, and I have the latest version of MAME. And all of the games can be directly launched through the MAME.exe

I have set up a second PBX, in a different folsed for MAME ONLY. Hopefully there is no issue running one PBX for VP10, and abother for MAME (arcade games).

I have configured MAME PBX as far as I can tell. Abd I have exported the XML from Gameex, and added it to MAME PBX. But the ROMS wont start. I can however see all of the various games in the scrolling, when PBX starts. SO I think the XML is right.

Attachments below:

Feels like there is some very minor thing I am missing.

Thanks

Untitled.jpg

ALL.XML

MAME.xml

PinballX.ini

log.txt

Is C:\MAME32 .205 a valid path on your system? Maybe try renaming it and remove the space and the . in the folder name and rename it MAME32_205 or similar. Also, try running from the same PinballX as your Vp10 as running to versions may be what is hinking things up.

" Is C:\MAME32 .205 a valid path on your system? Maybe try renaming it and remove the space and the . in the folder name and rename it MAME32_205 or similar. Also, try running from the same PinballX as your Vp10 as running to versions may be what is hinking things up. "

Probelm remains.

"I agree with Drago that the path name is a bit odd and that you rename it.

I should also recomment to install the 32bit version of pbx instead of 64bit"

Okay, I renamed it. Problem remains. Stuck on "loading"

So I should run 32bit PBX, on my 64Bit system? Just want to be clear.

" Yes, i would just keep the folder MAME. You also don't need 2 instances of PBX because you can have a MAME.xml and MAME ONLY.xml which then you can isolate only those in the game listing of PBX "

I would really prefer to have the VP PBX, and the MAME PBX separated if possible. I can only play one, or the other, at a given time. When I play MAME on the pincab. I remove the lockbar, and install an arcade control panel, rendering pinball pretty mnuch useless. In short, I want to PBX's. One for Pinball. And one for arcade games if possible. Ive got Gameex arcade edition running fine, with the same settings as being used in PBX. But I would prefer the simplicity of PBX.

Untitled.jpg

Like this:

rompath                   c:\Mame32\roms
hashpath                  hash
samplepath                samples
artpath                   artwork
ctrlrpath                 ctrlr
inipath                   .;ini;ini/presets
fontpath                  .
cheatpath                 cheat
crosshairpath             crosshair
pluginspath               plugins
languagepath              language
swpath                    software

" Sorry, that's not the issue. I documented it before but the issue is with PinballX you should not specify the table path as the rom path as it detects the zips. Change the table path to something else with no roms in and you should be good. "

So do I revert back to Rompath        Roms in the mame.ini?

And table path should point to some bogus folder?

1 minute ago, wrd1972 said:

" Sorry, that's not the issue. I documented it before but the issue is with PinballX you should not specify the table path as the rom path as it detects the zips. Change the table path to something else with no roms in and you should be good. "

So do I revert back to Rompath        Roms in the mame.ini?

And table path should point to some bogus folder?

yes

Just now, Tom Speirs said:

So mame64.exe is in c:\mame32 and your games are in c:\mame32\roms and mame.ini rompath has roms and you have the correct set and all the games?

Precisely. :)

ROMs are likely dated. But they run through the mame interface just fine.