All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED via WORKAROUND] Pinball FX3 Randomly exiting fullscreen

joyrider3774

Hey,

I've got a verry irritating problem where the Pinball FX3 game will exit fullscreen mode randomly. I've seen it happen once or twice on my main pc when just launching the game directly from steam.

I also have it happen on my pinball cabinet so i had disabled any launchers, any launch before & after script and any kind of extra tools in pinballx (so using default settings for it). It still happend.

Then to exclude pinballX itselve i started running the game from commandline like so (if you got cabinet mode) and sure enough the game still exited fullscreen on the last launch of sorcerers lair so it's not pinballx as it happens without pinballx as well. So either something windows / drivers related or even the game itselve

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam>steam -applaunch 442120 -table_Mars
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam>steam -applaunch 442120 -table_Citadel
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam>steam -applaunch 442120 -table_Archer
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam>steam -applaunch 442120 -table_Citadel

I also tried updating video drivers, i reattached my two screens so they are all attached to my nvidia card and disabled onboard video (from cpu) in bios. I have tried with full screen optimasations option disabled on the exe, have tried with running the game as administrator (elevated). I have game mode / game dvr disabled through policies and am currently running windows 10 professional 1803 on my cabinet (not 1809 yet)

The weird part is, that when the loading screen appears the game is running fullscreen without a problem but when it happens it always happens just before the table itselve is fully loaded / about to be displayed or when that messages comes up asking if you want to start a new game or continue.

This problem is starting to anoy me and i can't find a definitive solution for it. 

I'm not running anything fancy in the background that might steal focus from pinball fx3 that could cause this.

I do have teamviewer installed but it happens also when nobody is connected to the cab / pc and i'm not sure if teamviewer can be the cause when nobody is connected (have not tried uninstalling it)

Does anyone else have this problem ? I always have to have a keyboard & mouse attached to my cabinet just in case it happens i can alt+tab back.

8 hours ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

Didn't see this issue at all on my cabinet. 

Do you have installed teamviewer on your pc too ? I just use rdp to get into my cab. Also support multimonitor

Maybe try full post it on the Zen studio forum ?

Yup got teamviewer also installed on my main pc. I'll try uninstalling it and test again it's the last thing i can think about that might have an impact

I had already created a topic about it as well on steam discutions about the game but no responses. I do know i'm not the only one having the problem. Another person on pfx3 facebook group has the same problem

Instead of fighting to stay fullscreen i choose to be running borderless windowed now and that works great now don't have a problem anymore. The only downside is i run at a lower resolution now (1600x900) because my windows playfield screen is set at lower resolution but i'm fine with that still looks good and everything playable so i tested around 10-15 table launches including my launcher (where i did had to change the forceforegroundwindow option to bring my launcher once to the foreground at startup otherwise it would sometimes not receive input). So i'm fine with this it's no solution for the problem but a workaround it works fine for my cabinet

• Draco1962 changed the title to [RESOLVED via WORKAROUND] Pinball FX3 Randomly exiting fullscreen
  • Draco1962 locked this topic