SpesoftPinballXConvert-It
joyrider3774

Pinball wicked working in my cabinet

4 minutes ago, ganjaman25 said:

Yeah i dont use pinballx no more i use pinup popper but thanks for info on changing the monitor :)

launcher (without inbetween launcher) could be used in popper as well. I think popper has some way to define parameters for games so you could use it to select multiple players / pure action mode. I read something once about it that it was possible for pinball fx3 so should be possible for pinball wicked and my launcher for the new menu as well. although can not help you with the how to do it. I'm fine with pinballx don't want to start over

1 hour ago, joyrider3774 said:

@GAH1068 did you disable backglass dmd option when trying the multiple screens ? that options links the dmd to show inside the backglass. But as i don't have 3 screens i can not verify it. see hint on the right about this setting

Yep - tried a few different variations but never got it to work.  I think this is just a bug in the beta version since they are giving those options.     Not a big deal as I really only use the third monitor for when I use the PC for non-pinball stuff like web browsing.     I have the DMD sized small on my backglass and the just mirror to my dmd now.    

Yeah i used to use camera 8 but also had to change to camera 7. Camera 8 is zoomed out way too much. I'm glad they added this could give them some new sales as a lot of people are put off from doing it all manually  

I also liked 8 too previously but it is way too zoomed out.  I think this is probably a bug as well as the previous views were better.

@Outhere nice, btw it's possible to hide the small dmd on the main playfield while keeping the other ones active (unless you need it for mirroring to pindmd). i think it was that hide main dmd setting some of the 1st options in cabinet options

it's possible to hide the small dmd on the main playfield while keeping the other ones active  - Yes

i think it was that hide main dmd setting some of the 1st options in cabinet options  - Yes

3 minutes ago, Outhere said:
I'm going to try mirroring it to my real DMD and see how it Looks
I have one of these so I can put the LCD DMD off screen

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=display+Emulator+Plug&ref=nb_sb_noss

ah nice thats a good way todo it if you have pindmd and use mirror feature. Did not understand it initially but it probably allows for another monitor to be available in windows for a "screen" you do not see. Basically to create virtual screen. Probably need to play with the resolution a bit to get best results

I mirror it to my pin2DMD and it didn't look too bad but the LCD looks better

seems the latest update has commandline parameters for playercount and pure/action mode:

image.png.5157375cc252c9a31e0cef3b555f2cb3.png

-PureAction 0 = Pure mode
-PureAction 1 = Action mode

and it's possible to launch the game and skip the nag screen using return key which is my plunger / launch key if it's not with your setup an easy ahk script can be created to remap one of your cabinet keys to return key upon launching the game.

So in theory we do not need the script to launch the game anymore and only my pinballx Launcher app with customized ini file is needed for pinball wicked now. I'll see if i can create such ini later and upload a new zipped package

Edit: i tried it but pinballx can't seem to close pinball wicked direcrtly for some reason so i'll leave as is, i could create an ahk script for a launch before command that can kill pinball wicked on a key press just like in the current launcher but i guess i'll leave as is for now. 

• Like 1