All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Pinball wicked working in my cabinet

joyrider3774

4 minutes ago, Outhere said:

Thank you

Much Better - Funny Stuff --- LOL

yeah it was trying to load those image while it could not find them and then give error but immediatly exited the app. Thanks for finding my mistake :) i did not see it as i had the pinballfx3 launcher in the same directory (it's same binary launcher except with diffrent ini file and uses same image files) I should have at least tested it once in a seperate directory. I did not do it because then the default ini would have changed / contained the other values required after starting once which i do not want to include in the default ini

@Outhere, thats kinda weird and you do not press any button when the game is launching not even on the 1st screen where it's says press A to continue ? As the script assumes you don't press any button not even to skip menu's faster until the table had launched. I had just tried it with me and seems to be working fine even if i recompile.

Another thing you could check if you are not pressing any buttons until the table has started is to see the launchers ini still contains the needed parameters to specify multiplayer options. Like so. It could be they got lost but i wonder how it would happen then.

[BUTTON_ONE]
TEXT=1 Player (Pure)
ENABLED=1
PARAM=1

[BUTTON_TWO]
TEXT=2 Players (Pure)
ENABLED=1
PARAM=2

[BUTTON_THREE]
TEXT=3 Players (Pure)
ENABLED=1
PARAM=3

[BUTTON_FOUR]
TEXT=4 Players (Pure)
ENABLED=1
PARAM=4

[BUTTON_FIVE]
TEXT=1 Player (Action)
ENABLED=1
PARAM=1 Action

[BUTTON_SIX]
TEXT=2 Players (Action)
ENABLED=1
PARAM=2 Action

[BUTTON_SEVEN]
TEXT=3 Players (Action)
ENABLED=1
PARAM=3 Action

[BUTTON_EIGHT]
TEXT=4 Players (Action)
ENABLED=1
PARAM=4 Action

When your menu comes I set it for 4..... I hit enter and after that I do not touch any buttons
If I use the files after downloading it stops on one player and changes it to 4...
If I recompile the file it never changes The number of players it just starts to game
Spoiler

[SETTINGS]
PATH=LaunchPinballWicked.exe
STARTPARAMS=
TITLE=Pinball Wicked Launcher
ROTATE=0
FORCEFOREGROUNDWINDOW=2
LEFTKEY=37
RIGHTKEY=39
LAUNCHKEY=13
QUITKEY=27
SCALEM=1
SCALED=1
DONTSAVEINIONEXIT=0
DONTREADSTEAMPATHREG=0
LASTACTIVEBUTTON=4
SMOOTHRESIZEDRAW=1

[BUTTON_ONE]
TEXT=1 Player (Pure)
ENABLED=1
PARAM=1

[BUTTON_TWO]
TEXT=2 Players (Pure)
ENABLED=1
PARAM=2

[BUTTON_THREE]
TEXT=3 Players (Pure)
ENABLED=1
PARAM=3

[BUTTON_FOUR]
TEXT=4 Players (Pure)
ENABLED=1
PARAM=4

[BUTTON_FIVE]
TEXT=1 Player (Action)
ENABLED=1
PARAM=1 Action

[BUTTON_SIX]
TEXT=2 Players (Action)
ENABLED=1
PARAM=2 Action

[BUTTON_SEVEN]
TEXT=3 Players (Action)
ENABLED=1
PARAM=3 Action

[BUTTON_EIGHT]
TEXT=4 Players (Action)
ENABLED=1
PARAM=4 Action

[BUTTON_NINE]
TEXT=
ENABLED=0
PARAM=

[BUTTON_TEN]
TEXT=
ENABLED=0
PARAM=

[BUTTON_ELEVEN]
TEXT=
ENABLED=0
PARAM=

[BUTTON_TWELVE]
TEXT=
ENABLED=0
PARAM=

[JOYPAD]
USEJOYPAD=0
LEFTBUTTON=4
RIGHTBUTTON=5
LAUNCHBUTTON=0
QUITBUTTON=6
LEFTRIGHTAXIS=0
LEFTRIGHTAXISDEADZONE=0.5
JOYPOVLEFTMIN=260
JOYPOVLEFTMAX=280
JOYPOVRIGHTMIN=80
JOYPOVRIGHTMAX=100
JOYAXISSELECTION=1
JOYPOVSELECTION=1
JOYBUTTONSELECTION=1

@Outhere

could you compare against this auto hot key script: LaunchPinballWicked.ahk the version you downloaded ? you can use beyond compare or something similar online if it exists (or verify manually) it should be the same unless there's an old version floating around somewhere. Another thing that comes to mind is which version of autohotkey are you using ? is it fairly recent ? I compile using autohotkey version 1.1.30.01 (you can look up your version in control panel in the listing in the software section, where you'd normally uninstall a program)

If it fails i'll try to create a few versions with the seconds you requested and you can see if it still works

Good to hear its fixed and an old ahk version was the cause, couldn't wrap my around it initially as what was causing it. I must be using some new features not compatble with the version you had installed. I know what i was using whats probably causing the incompatibility with older ahk versions. I use A_Args array for detecting commandline parameters and that probably did not exist in previous versions. If arguments are empty (because in old ahk version it would detect it as a empty variable) it would just start single player

• 3 months later...

After suggestions from "Malzbie's Pinball Collection" I tried to follow you on pinball wicked.
The table starts, the dmd works, but when I exit the game and it comes back to me in Pinballx the game remains in execution ..... I don't quit the game
I read your comment
"pinball wicked does not seem to react well on the quit game key"
but I didn't understand how to solve it.
I'm sure it's my problem as others haven't raised it.
I'm sure you can help solve it
Sauro

1 hour ago, sauro said:

After suggestions from "Malzbie's Pinball Collection" I tried to follow you on pinball wicked.
The table starts, the dmd works, but when I exit the game and it comes back to me in Pinballx the game remains in execution ..... I don't quit the game
I read your comment
"pinball wicked does not seem to react well on the quit game key"
but I didn't understand how to solve it.
I'm sure it's my problem as others haven't raised it.
I'm sure you can help solve it
Sauro

it comes down to this change as posted in the first thread:

- IMPORTANT change the key used to exit the game to the same key that is assigned in pinballx / you use to exit normally.
Default is mapped to ESC change it to your key if you are not using the ESC key
; Exit Table
; pinball wicked does not seem to react well on the quit game key from pinball x
; so change the ESC key below to the key you have set in pinballx as quit game key
; info about keys can be found here : https://autohotkey.com/docs/KeyList.htm
; in my cab i use the esc key
    Esc:: ;<----- change HERE
        Gosub killApp
    Return

you need to change Esc to the key you use for quiting back to pinballx so the same key you assigned in pinballx to quit a game. In the autohotkey script and then recompile it. I think that might be what your experiancing. If you also use the ESC key on your encoder / keyboard to quit tables it might be related to running things elevated or not. But normally you should do that change so that the script tries to quite / kill the game when you press that key

• 4 weeks later...

I've got this rolling with 2 issues. First the dmd looks like double size when displaying on my pin2dmd. Trying to figure out the right position on my 4k screen, which I'm sure is my issue. The other is I have to press ESC twice to completely close out and get back to pinballx. Any help is appreciated! 

not sure what you mean with double size dmd, you mean its too big & being cut off ? I don't have a pindmd i actually mirror the dmd on my backglass monitor so not sure about that.

Also not sure why you have to press esc twice to get completely back to pinballx i only press my quit button once on my cabinet (mapped to esc) and it quits directly. Although i did not play it lately to see if something has changed. I do run my pinballx with administrator rights but i'm not sure that could have an influence with quiting things

My exit button is mapped to escape as well. I confirmed I have pinballx running as admin too, the game isn't, haven't tried that yet. 1 time it worked pressing only once, the others the first press makes the playfield black and then the 2nd press makes the backglass image go away. Here's a pic of the dmd. I have my settings in the game how you showed in your example too.

IMG_9179.jpg?version=54849&sid=2c544cd2dfc5b8ded2730e4d9d77095661178bdcbe1350c02671155ca23d452b&mode=view

• 2 weeks later...

@hawkeyez88 i just had it happen also having to press two times the quit button on my cabinet. Not sure whats going on. i'll see if i can simulate again and perhaps try to fix it but not sure i can could be something with the game or a script. Am looking into it (given i can keep repeating the problem).

Edit: nope i was to fast to mention it. I also see the black screen but i just wait there. the launch after scripts are being run with me then and if i wait it will rotate screen back while its doing that the screen is black with me also. i don't have to press the quit button 2 times but do have to wait. Maybe some command is not executing ok with you but not sure wich 

3 hours ago, joyrider3774 said:

@hawkeyez88 i just had it happen also having to press two times the quit button on my cabinet. Not sure whats going on. i'll see if i can simulate again and perhaps try to fix it but not sure i can could be something with the game or a script. Am looking into it (given i can keep repeating the problem).

Edit: nope i was to fast to mention it. I also see the black screen but i just wait there. the launch after scripts are being run with me then and if i wait it will rotate screen back while its doing that the screen is black with me also. i don't have to press the quit button 2 times but do have to wait. Maybe some command is not executing ok with you but not sure wich 

Thanks for looking into it for me. I went back through all the steps and I don't think I compiled the remap correctly, did the compile ensuring Esc was in the ahk file and it's closing out with 1 press. Also, finally figured out how to use a coordinate finder and the dmd is now sized correctly as well. This is working flawlessly with the provided files and instructions thank you!

• 1 month later...

so where do i change the dmdext location as mine is in C:\Users\GAME PC\Desktop\pinball project v1\Visual Pinball\VPinMAME also the backglass is not showing the image just a white blank screen but atleast on the correct monitor for backglass really have to get this table working in pinballx its beautiful any help would be much appreciated :)

Yeah I got the backglass to show just had the wrong directory for it but still can't get the dmdext to point to the correct location one thing I need to do looked in the bat and put what I thought would be the directory to it but when I launch in pinballx it shows as can't find it so must be the wrong format can anyone put theres one so I can see how it should look :)))

you can download dmdext and place it anywhere you like on your system as long as you point to the correct location of the exe in the batch file and take into account that you might need to double quote the location if it contains spaces. if you want to be safe place an extra copy in a directory without spaces or place in same location as the launch before batch file that's how i did it. You can have multiple copies of dmdext binaries on your system

It's not a simple copy and paste thing you have to adopt for your situation. My batch files are in the pinball wicked zip file in the first post as a reference not to copy paste. but you might have to change dmd coordinates depending on your game settings etc (screenshots help with that)

anyway my launch before batch file has this line 

"start "" /min dmdext.exe mirror --source=screen --position=93 46 328 83 --destination=virtual --virtual-stay-on-top --virtual-hide-grip  --virtual-position=1084 530 656 166 "

i use the start executable so it does not block execution of batch file. i also use dmdext.exe without a path because my launch before.bat and dmdext.exe are in the same location / folder.

you can always try to add path like (if it does not contain spaces) with spaces you have to play with double quotes and i'm not sure if you only have to quote path to exe or the whole line my guess the execuateable but you can try

start "" /min c:\somedirectory\dmdext.exe mirror --source=screen --position=93 46 328 83 --destination=virtual --virtual-stay-on-top --virtual-hide-grip  --virtual-position=1084 530 656 166 

i would just download dmdext again and place the files in same location as batch files. I have a scripts folder where i save everything for every system so you can easily reuse that install then for other games to mirror the dmd. (i have done it for bigscore pinball and malzbies pinball collection also)

• Like 1

So if I'm correct as I use my dmdext for colour ROMs on vpx and don't wanna mess it up I can copy and paste the DMD exe over to my pinball wicked location and keep the standard location it comes with and should still work for vpx and you can have it in multiple location ? Just don't wanna mess it up as all my colour ROMs are working lol I'm getting there will try some of this out see how I get on I know when I tried to mirror fx3 for alien the picture quality was very poor for the mirror hardly readable not sure if u heard of that problem also :)