All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Backglass doean't show scores in many VPX tables

E36M3ZF

I have this issue with many good VPX tables like Indiana Jones and Monster Bash. Graphically they look so much better than the VP9 versions. But the backglass doesn't show the score anymore with those. They do have a small DMD that i can move around but i always hide this. Is there a way for the backglass itself to show the scores?

B2S score rendering is just for tables with alphanumeric displays (older tables from 70s to 80s). B2S does not support rendering DMD (dot matrix displays from tables produced in the 90s or later like Monster Bash).

For tables with DMD scoring move the DMD display that is rendered by VPinMAME to your backglass and resize it with your mouse as you would any other window. Don't hide it.

7 hours ago, Carny_Priest said:

B2S score rendering is just for tables with alphanumeric displays (older tables from 70s to 80s). B2S does not support rendering DMD (dot matrix displays from tables produced in the 90s or later like Monster Bash).

For tables with DMD scoring move the DMD display that is rendered by VPinMAME to your backglass and resize it with your mouse as you would any other window. Don't hide it.

Thanks. That's what i'm doing now. Although, resizing the DMD manually like that messes up it's pixels since it's impossible to resize it evenly. And you end up with an uneven pixel density which looks ugly.

So you need to give exact 2x/3x/4x, etc values in the registry.

3 hours ago, E36M3ZF said:

Thanks. That's what i'm doing now. Although, resizing the DMD manually like that messes up it's pixels since it's impossible to resize it evenly. And you end up with an uneven pixel density which looks ugly.

So you need to give exact 2x/3x/4x, etc values in the registry.

Yes, that's well known:

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/lesser-known-features-of-vpinmame-dmd/

As long as you are comfortable with regedit then you can achieve results that are pixel perfect. It is easier for novices to the use the mouse for rough resizing then get into the registry and fine tune if you are willing to go the extra mile.

• Draco1962 changed the title to [RESOLVED] Backglass doean't show scores in many VPX tables
  • Draco1962 locked this topic