All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] FX3 Williams' Table issues?

BrandonLaw

Maybe I'm out of the loop, but what's with the DMDext issues on the new tables?  Works fine with others tables, but only the View shows up if you change your cam ('View 1W' for example shows,) but then nothing and the cam view stays stuck.  Also, can't use the 4160 4k option?  The view get's all overstretched.  I assume these are known issues, just want to confirm because the non WMS tables are still fine.

Yes it is a known issue.   There is a Beta Build on the DMDExt GitHum site if you scroll down through the repllies.   I have a ticket open and he posted a version to test.   This does get the new FX3 tables working  without using the --fx3-legacy command.   It seems to have some other issues like making all DMD's orange as well as not always displaying the DMD at table launch on startup.  Freezy must be still working on it.

https://github.com/freezy/dmd-extensions/issues/153

4 hours ago, GAH1068 said:

Yes it is a known issue.   There is a Beta Build on the DMDExt GitHum site if you scroll down through the repllies.   I have a ticket open and he posted a version to test.   This does get the new FX3 tables working  without using the --fx3-legacy command.   It seems to have some other issues like making all DMD's orange as well as not always displaying the DMD at table launch on startup.  Freezy must be still working on it.

https://github.com/freezy/dmd-extensions/issues/153

GAH...you've always got the answer I'm lookin' for:)  I did manage to grab a new(er) dmdext back in OCT 1.72, I think.  It does give the 'orange,' when playing so I'll have to see if he updated the beta.

7 minutes ago, BrandonLaw said:

GAH...you've always got the answer I'm lookin' for:)  I did manage to grab a new(er) dmdext back in OCT 1.72, I think.  It does give the 'orange,' when playing so I'll have to see if he updated the beta.

@BrandonLaw - You can pay me back with some great Zaccaria Wheel images.   Lol   : )

9 minutes ago, GAH1068 said:

@BrandonLaw - You can pay me back with some great Zaccaria Wheel images.   Lol   : )

So...funny you mention that.  I've been on easily a week plus hiatus from pinball altogether (not by choice mind you) and have a good bit 'completed?' and I say that with a question mark, because I am having second thoughts on my process.  What I was doing was of course cutting and cleaning the text/logo, but for the inner image, I was sort of using some of the images from the theme and some from the tables and It didn't make sense.  What I think I am going to do in continuing is to use the 'theme' in the original and show a portion of the table for the retro and restyled ones (2016-18' verisions.)  That way you know what the 'original' was by the themed icon.  I just haven't found the time.  I am sorry.  Happy to share what I have so far?  I can make a dir on the FTP and as they are named what the tables are...just overwrite them with the new ones?  How about that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GAH1068 said:

He has.  I think the file was DMDExt-153.exe or something like that.

Worked like a goddammed champion.  Thanks, sir.  Let me tell you how out of the loop I am on FX3...which btw...I truly do like the physics...I still haven't updated my SOLO tables' art.  So slack.

1 hour ago, BrandonLaw said:

So...funny you mention that.  I've been on easily a week plus hiatus from pinball altogether (not by choice mind you) and have a good bit 'completed?' and I say that with a question mark, because I am having second thoughts on my process.  What I was doing was of course cutting and cleaning the text/logo, but for the inner image, I was sort of using some of the images from the theme and some from the tables and It didn't make sense.  What I think I am going to do in continuing is to use the 'theme' in the original and show a portion of the table for the retro and restyled ones (2016-18' verisions.)  That way you know what the 'original' was by the themed icon.  I just haven't found the time.  I am sorry.  Happy to share what I have so far?  I can make a dir on the FTP and as they are named what the tables are...just overwrite them with the new ones?  How about that.

Busy time of the year so I was just giving you a hard time.    Absolutely, please share.    I am sure they will look great and will be  better than the default Zaccaria image I have for tables where there isn't a wheel. 

I have been a little lack on my cabinet as well.   Played a little bit but been busy with work and the house.     I won a Ninendo Switch at my company party so I have been playing around with that.   Picked up a Flip Grip so FX3 is rocking on it.   

28 minutes ago, GAH1068 said:

Busy time of the year so I was just giving you a hard time.    Absolutely, please share.    I am sure they will look great and will be  better than the default Zaccaria image I have for tables where there isn't a wheel. 

I have been a little lack on my cabinet as well.   Played a little bit but been busy with work and the house.     I won a Ninendo Switch at my company party so I have been playing around with that.   Picked up a Flip Grip so FX3 is rocking on it.   

Very nice!! When I was home with our newborn at the start of the year, I purchased all FX3 tables for the switch and really enjoyed myself.  I plugged myself into the daily tourney's and had a ton-o-fun.  They have made it a fun experience and really welcome anyone to give it a shot.

On 12/14/2018 at 3:54 PM, BrandonLaw said:

Worked like a goddammed champion.  Thanks, sir.  Let me tell you how out of the loop I am on FX3...which btw...I truly do like the physics...I still haven't updated my SOLO tables' art.  So slack.

Do you by chance have any text logos for the Solo Pack tables? I am working on some wheel images and am in need of decent Calrissian Chronicals and Battle of Mimban logos.

2 hours ago, BrandonLaw said:

You know I did.  Sadly I had already combined the black/yellow layers.  You may need to cut out the yellow (just use magic wand at like 80) if you don't prefer the black.

SoloTexts.psd

Thanks! Will download later tonight. As for stripping the black, I have found that using Color to Alpha and "eye droppering" the black (sometimes it isn't a pure #FFFFFF) will remove it. Then add a new layer the same color after using the magic wand or select all color in the empty spaces, grow 1-2 pixels, invert, then go to the new black layer and delete, merge the logo down, and you eliminate any opacity left over from the Color to Alpha process.

5 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

Thanks! Will download later tonight. As for stripping the black, I have found that using Color to Alpha and "eye droppering" the black (sometimes it isn't a pure #FFFFFF) will remove it. Then add a new layer the same color after using the magic wand or select all color in the empty spaces, grow 1-2 pixels, invert, then go to the new black layer and delete, merge the logo down, and you eliminate any opacity left over from the Color to Alpha process.

All the years of photoshopping and I still can't wrap my head around when deleting selections...there's a bit of overlapping and or dirty deletion.  JUST DELETE WHAT I TOLD YOU TO DELETE.

• 9 months later...

So, I am still having this issue with the Williams and Bally tables on FX3. I am running dmdext v1.7.2. Using a pindmd3. It works fine on all of the other tables.

My command: dmdext.exe mirror --source=pinballfx3 --no-virtual --quit-when-done

Sorry to revive this old post, but it seems that you guys resolved it yet it is not working for me. Also, this is my first post on this forum because, thanks to all of you guys, I have been able to take care of all of my issues just by reading what you already had posted. Thanks for that!

4 minutes ago, kh39540 said:

So, I am still having this issue with the Williams and Bally tables on FX3. I am running dmdext v1.7.2. Using a pindmd3. It works fine on all of the other tables.

My command: dmdext.exe mirror --source=pinballfx3 --no-virtual --quit-when-done

Sorry to revive this old post, but it seems that you guys resolved it yet it is not working for me. Also, this is my first post on this forum because, thanks to all of you guys, I have been able to take care of all of my issues just by reading what you already had posted. Thanks for that!

I thought that dmdext 1.72 doesn't work with the bally and williams. On Freezys website (github) there is a thread with a modified exe file that will work. Also dmdext 1.73 is working for me

I tried the one that Freezy had posted on that thread, 1.53, but it didn't change anything.

The release notes for 1.72 says that " Update Pinball FX3 memory grabber to work with latest release (thanks NoEx) "  I'm at a loss.

I don't see version 1.73 available.