All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] doesnt quit when loading a game

eMBee

I'm having a strange issue….When scrolling through frontend games collection, at first it looks like its working as it should.
When choosing a game and press start, i can see the loading screen. After a few seconds it fades back to the frontend, but short after it also snaps to the loaded game.
When playing the game i noticed that when i was using the flipper buttons, i was also skipping trough my games in the frontend (heard the sound in the background).

So they are both working?

Did the alt+tab test to see what was going on:
Saw that the backglass was loaded serveral times (see picture enclosed).
My DMD clip also keeps playing when a game is loaded.

For some reason PBX doesn't quit when loading a game. My DMD clip doesn't quit and my backglass is loaded 2 or more times.

I enclosed my files.

Someone with same experience or any ideas how to fix?

[SETTINGS].log

log.txt

PinballX.ini

ScreenRes.txt

multi backglass start.jpg

What is customVP.exe?, try pinballx launching vpinpallx.exe instead - at the moment we don't know what it's trying to do!

Also there's some errors in the log, i think due to the auto config for vpinball being enabled in pinballx settings, try disabling that to clear that up for now (re-enable later if you want)

For the flippers working in both pbx & visual pinball at the same time set the force fullscreen exclusive option in visual pinball video preferences if not set already.

Post new logs back after the changes above, and confirm what version of pbx you're running (3.29 32bit?)

Ok, i'm one step further i think. I changed the things as you mentioned and it works better for the most tables. 

What is customVP.exe?
CustomVP is a Hotkey (VPLauncher). It auto selects and starts the right VP version when having multiple VP version tables.
I changed the executable to pinball.exe, obviously all my VP9 & PM5 table won't start.
Strange thing is… customVP worked like a charming my cab for 1,5 years+. This included several PBX updates.
Now i've upgraded some hardware in my cab, it doesn't work anymore… hmmm

auto config for vpinball being enabled in pinballx settings, try disabling 
What does this auto config do? I can't see the difference when enabled or disabled

Force full exclusive was enabled already. 

The problem i'm having at this point is that when starting a VPX game, my DMD on 3rd screen isn't starting (When Alt+tab i can't see it).
This is not the case for all my VPX tables… some start… some don't 

Anyway below my new files.

Thank you for your support so far!

[SETTINGS].log

log.txt

PinballX.ini

ScreenRes.txt

Visual Pinball.xml

customVP - thanks for the info, guessed it was something like that. Alternative might be to add new system lists for other vp versions, but would be a pain moving all the games and media files across. Depends how many older games you run i suppose.

auto config - copies pbx key settings to vpinball key settings, if you've got the keys mapped as you want probably can leave disabled.

DMD not starting for some vpx tables - have you checked settings on the backglass for dmd via right click, and vpinmame settings (use external dmd / show dmd check boxes via vpinmame\setup.exe -> Test -> rom name, you'll want one of them checked [show dmd if you don't use freezys dll])?

Are you still running the 32bit version of pinballx?, that might be a factor with customvp if running 64bit.

Hi Scutters,

Thanks for your help! 
I did some ROM testing in vpinmame. First test i only heard the sound (Rom was running) but no visual. 2nd test… same. 3rd test… Voilla DMD appears all of a sudden.
After that the DMD appears when starting the game, so.. i have no clue whats the deal here, but i think i'll do this test for all the games where the DMD isn't displaying. 

I have the latest PBX 32bit version installed. I had issues with my backglass displaying in 64bit (another thread) witch was resolved by installing the 32bit version.
I tried both VPLauncher versions. Still doesn't work. Have to try some other things i guess.

I've got also tables to change the DMD score displaying. VPX tables like Bad Cats, F14, Fun House, etc, I want the DMD score in the 3rd screen also. As far as right click and change 
the backglass settings doesn't wor.  its playing in the second screen, or its totally hidden.  This would be an Backglassserver setting, right?

Good news…. VPLauncher is working. So i can sart all type of VP games form PBX!
Not sure what exactly did the trick. I reinstalled the VPLauncher hotkey, did the PBX setup again. But… happy with it so far!

I just need to fix the DMD score issue with the tables mentioned above.

Thanks for your help!

Nice one.. sounds like your pinballx issues are resolved, who knows how!! :D

For the tables you mentioned not showing the dmd you should probably continue that on another forum, but as far as i know the games you listed have scores on the backglass itself so the dmd may be redundant (but you could still show it if you wanted). There's a few options; 1/ some backglass files are 3 screen compatible and will show a score or a graphic on the dmd themselves, right click on backglass when game is running and set B2S DMD to visible to test that out.  2/ show a dmd, check in vpinmame setup that dmd should be shown and right click backglass to check DMD option is set to visible. 3/ Set the B2S DMD & DMD backglass options to hidden and in pinballx game manager select the game and uncheck Hide DMD so you can show the same DMD image / video as you have in the front end when playing the game.

Hope that helps..

• Draco1962 changed the title to [RESOLVED] doesnt quit when loading a game
  • Draco1962 locked this topic