All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

No backglass in PBX in 3 screen setup (SOLVED)

eMBee

Hi Guys,

I'm having a problem witch i can't solve with the threads i found so far.
I did a new PBX  software install on my 3 screen (Windows 10)  cab and placed all my collected media and backup xml) files back in the right maps.

When i start PBX the playfield and DMD screen work and i can see the chosen image/video, but my backglass screen stays black. When i start a game the backglass appears and all works as it should.
When exiting to PBX the backglass is not appearing. When scrolling trough my games sometimes i got a backglass witch appear. But these are only a few(10 out of 275 games).
When i do alt+tab in PBX i can see that the backglass is loaded, but it's a black image.

What have i tried so far:
- windows Regedit => Cleared all my screens and did a screen by screen setup.
- New installation of PBX, with Setup, etc.
- Played around with my screen positions 1-2-3, 3-2-1, 3-1-2, etc. (I had a 3-2-1 screen position in my last cab setup)
- Installed (latest) backglassserver

Last test i did: New PBX install and setup and only tested the two demo games (Road Kings & Big Game). Backglass, playfield and DMD worked!
Then i added only 1 new  game (24) with game-manager, I launched PBX and the backglass did not show for 24, but also Big Game did not show. 

When i turn off  "use directb2s in frontend" the backglass images will show. But i had working directb2s in PBX before.

At this point i'm stuck and don't know what to do… Enclosed my ini and xml file and the screeners file.

Hope you can help me find the solution.

Best regards,

eMBee

PinballX.ini

screen_pos.jpg

ScreenRes.txt

Visual Pinball.xml

I have no plugins running and installed the 64 bit version. I dont remember witch version inhave installed on my old cab before. Could be 32 bit....

I will provide the log file ...

Ok, the good news is... after installing the 32bit version i have my b2s backglass in frontend working[SETTINGS].log[SETTINGS].log. Thanks for this tip!

Butt.... now i'm having a new error. When scrolling through my collection, i looks like its working fine.
When choosing a game and i press start, i saw the loading screen, then after a few seconds it faded back to the frontend. After that it snaps to the loaded game.
When playing the game i noticed that when i was flipping the ball, i was also skipping trough my games in the frontend. So they are both working?

Did the al+tab test to see what was going on:
i saw that the backglass loaded twice! Tested another game and the backglass loaded 4 times (see pictures enclosed).
My DMD clip also keeps playing when a game is loaded.

I enclosed my log file.

Any ideas?

double startup.jpg

multi backglass start.jpg

I checked and have "run as admin" with PBX.
When i change "don't use b2s" in PBX in settings, the problem stays the same: Loading a game and the frontend is still active, DMD clip stays in 3rd screen.

What options do i have…?
There must be a solution to this. Hard to find though:wacko: (for me)

52 minutes ago, eMBee said:

Ok, the good news is... after installing the 32bit version i have my b2s backglass in frontend working[SETTINGS].log[SETTINGS].log. Thanks for this tip!

Butt.... now i'm having a new error. When scrolling through my collection, i looks like its working fine.
When choosing a game and i press start, i saw the loading screen, then after a few seconds it faded back to the frontend. After that it snaps to the loaded game.
When playing the game i noticed that when i was flipping the ball, i was also skipping trough my games in the frontend. So they are both working?

Did the al+tab test to see what was going on:
i saw that the backglass loaded twice! Tested another game and the backglass loaded 4 times (see pictures enclosed).
My DMD clip also keeps playing when a game is loaded.

I enclosed my log file.

Any ideas?

double startup.jpg

multi backglass start.jpg

Different issue? - please start a new thread. Run-on threads working on separate issues become very tedious and difficult to follow for both the person requesting assistance and those lending it. Thanks!