All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

New plugin for key mapping

Alan Ribas

Good morning, Adultery.

I wanted to ask you something.
You should already know that the Xpadder program after a Windows 10 upgrade has become somewhat incompatible.
I remember that shortly after one of the updates of this OS the xpadder started although it was loaded properly the settings desired by the user, the controls did not work.

I researched a lot about it until I found a partial answer to the problem. In my case when I am going to play a game of more than one player, the game must be started with only one gamepad connected. And inside the game the other is connected. Then everything works normally.

But if more than one gamepad is connected, xpadder opens and loads the configuration normally, but for some reason I do not understand why, xpadder does not recognize when we press the buttons. It is necessary to minimize the gameex and the emulator, go in the window of the xpadder and click on it, and in all the tabs of the loaded controls, and only thus will the xpadder recognize again when we press a button of the gamepad.

The fact that I narrated above, of keeping only one control on was the best I could get. Although it may not seem like it is very annoying to be reminded at all times if a given game uses xpadder or not. But we have an expression here in Brazil .... "bad with him, but worse without him".

Even going through this annoyance I decided to keep using xpadder, due to the wide variety of possible configurations it provides.

I've talked to the xpadder developer and in response there will be no update to fix this.

What I would like to know about you is:

Would it be very laborious to port the code of the xpadder plugin you made to another program to map buttons ?? Any other program that was as good as xpadder but with the differential of working fully within the Windows 10 operating system?

Short answer: yes, it is laborious if possible at all. It would be a whole new plug-in, it can't just be ported to another thing. Sorry! :'(