All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

setting joysticks arcade machine

Pirat

@Pirat Is this the same as this other question you posted?

The screenshot you posted above relates to using joystick/gamepad input to navigate within the GameEx menus. Note that it does not affect the control mapping that takes place within each emulator.

Setting up these controls is easy. All you need to do is click the configuration button for the control (ie the '. . .' button). A window will pop up asking you to press a button. So, press a button or direction on a joystick. GameEx will record it and will place the mapping in the space of the GameEx setup.

If you have the 'Enable Custom Joystick Controls' setting, that means the button assignments in this section will be saved to the custominput.ini file within the CONFIG directory. If you want to reuse your custominput.ini file, you can do so by opening the Setup Wizard to confirm that the 'Enable Custom Joystick Controls' is already set to YES. Then close the Setup Wizard and replace the current custominput.ini with the backup you already have. The next time you open the Setup Wizard, you should see the settings from your custominput.ini file.

On 11/30/2018 at 3:53 PM, Pirat said:

how to set up a joystick on an arcade machine

inpitmod.png

15 hours ago, RedDog said:

@Pirat Is this the same as this other question you posted?

The screenshot you posted above relates to using joystick/gamepad input to navigate within the GameEx menus. Note that it does not affect the control mapping that takes place within each emulator.

Setting up these controls is easy. All you need to do is click the configuration button for the control (ie the '. . .' button). A window will pop up asking you to press a button. So, press a button or direction on a joystick. GameEx will record it and will place the mapping in the space of the GameEx setup.

If you have the 'Enable Custom Joystick Controls' setting, that means the button assignments in this section will be saved to the custominput.ini file within the CONFIG directory. If you want to reuse your custominput.ini file, you can do so by opening the Setup Wizard to confirm that the 'Enable Custom Joystick Controls' is already set to YES. Then close the Setup Wizard and replace the current custominput.ini with the backup you already have. The next time you open the Setup Wizard, you should see the settings from your custominput.ini file. 

thank

• 2 weeks later...

@Draco1962  Agreed looks like a double post and he cant be bothered to say if this issue is resolved.