All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

DMDEXT and PinballX

jhouff

Greetings wonderful Pinball People! My computer recently died (lost all my setup) and I’m starting fresh again. I have everything working MINUS dmdext does not work through PinballX. If I launch dmdext via CMD outside of PinballX it works like a charm but when I use the “Launch After” with PinballX it stays black. Oddly enough I can see dmdext is booting via PinballX and it says it’s receiving frames—but again blank.

I seem to remember something about changing the name of a DLL (could have sworn it was changing pindmd64.dll to pindmd.dll)—but alas that is not working.

Edit: Using PinDMDv3 and the 64bit versions of dmdext and pinDMD.dll. No errors in the pindmd.dll log. But please let me know what I can provide (logs, etc).

Hi @jhouff

I'm not aware of any copying in PinballX.

I have the sam econfig as you has.

This is what I put into my 32 bit version of PinballX :

image.thumb.png.af3b6cd8f38eb5facba2b14c95c55ae5.png

If this doesn't work, check if the virual box is working (that is grapped from meory)

Remove the --No-virtual in it

or use something like :

mirror --source=pinballfx3  --destination=virtual --virtual-hide-grip --virtual-stay-on-top --virtual-position 0 0 1024 --quit-when-done

Hope this helps . 

**off topic : Just curious .. what PC do you have right now ?

Thanks Mike! So turns out we had everything setup the same but it still wasn't working for me; BUT I did figure this all out. So it looks like it was a timing issue. For whatever reason when dmdext would "launch before" Pinball FX3 it was clashing with PinballX still displaying the default "real" DMD video. So what I did was create a .BAT file for dmdext and added TIMEOUT 11 so it was a delayed launch of dmdext; now it's working!

Using Windows 10, Alienware Alpha (for nice small footprint).

Thanks again Mike!

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

Kinda same issue here. I had to remove the realdmd video as it was messing with the DMD in game (I have a pin2DMD). 

It started after I updated PBX from 2.62 to the last one, and also after I updated the dmddevice.dll (to DMDExt 1.7.1).

Another weird symptom is that I can't exit a game after I launched it with PBX. If I remove the dmddevice.dll then I can exit normally (but no more use of the pin2DMD then...) 

[EDIT] reverted to PBX 2.62 and everything works back normally.