All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Missing Games

trevorm

I am currently setting up a cabinet, and am using Game Ex for the front end. I am running MAMEui 64 and have 50 roms installed so far. All 50 roms work great in MAMEui 64, as well as a couple of other front ends I sampled. However, in game ex, there are 4 roms that won't show up- burger time, missile command, Donkey Kong Jr. and Galaga 3.  Here's what I've tried so far: set verify roms to false, removed/ disabled all filters, set allow imperfect games to true, and set only working games to false. I went into Game Ex and updated the list several times, but those 4 roms still won't show.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Since we don't have the support files Draco asked for there is no way to be sure of this, but it sounds as if you're most likely using integrated MAME based on what you've tried.

Since there are only 4 titles being filtered out I would just add those 4 to the "Don't filter these" list.

Launch GameEx, update and see if your problem is resolved.

Dont Filter these ROMS

Never filter the following ROMS (They will always appear in the list) Seperate with a semi colan.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the quick replies!  

I actually tried adding the roms to the Never filter list. I'm not sure I did it right, though. For example, I was trying to add Missile Command to the list. Do I type the rom name (missile1) or do I type the game name (Missile Command)?

Also, here are the log and ini files (was at work, couldn't post them right away). 

GameEx.ini

log.txt

I'll post the verify.dat as soon as I get out of work.

I have Verify Roms set to false, though, so I doubt that's it. As I mentioned previously, the roms work with MAMEui no problem, and also worked with a couple of other front-ends I tried. It seems to be a Game Ex specific issue. I also ran a audit through MAMEui, and the roms passed and show as fully functional.

18 hours ago, trevorm said:

I actually tried adding the roms to the Never filter list. I'm not sure I did it right, though. For example, I was trying to add Missile Command to the list. Do I type the rom name (missile1) or do I type the game name (Missile Command)?

You need to enter the ROMs in  the  "Don't filter these ROMS" section by the ROM name, separated by a semi-colon (ex: aburner;pacman;redbaron;redbarona;splatter;qbert;qbertqub;jungleby;jungleh;junglehbr;junglek; junglekas;junglekj2;asteroid;asteroid1;asteroid2;asteroidb). After you make any changes via Setup Wizard or manual edit of the gameex.ini file for the integrated MAME setup, run Update List from within GameEx.

I notice that you have MAME installed in C:\Users\MAME\Desktop\Mameui64\ - I suggest that you do not install anything to C:\Users and, instead install/run from C:\MAMEUI64 or some other path in the root of C:\. C:\Users is recognized by your OS as an area requiring higher permissions. It is possible that the necessary updates to the DAT files may not be occurring as expected, if at all.

• Thanks 1