All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Twitch & GameEx: Integration Anyone?

Adultery

I've already started working on a plugin to send some data over to Twitch from GameEx. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in streaming some retro games?

I still need a mic and a decent video camera to get going, and I'm working on getting all the bugs out of the plugin (specifically with MAME) and making a configuration UI, but what I have works. It's just up to you to make the layout you want (I've been using Streamlabs OBS, which is free)... I figure if we can get a pack of us, we can do a bunch of specialty stuff through GameEx. I was thinking I would do a GameEx Retro Roulette, where every Wednesday I will play random games through the GameEx interface and force myself to play through 30 minute intervals.

Here's something I came up with on rather short notice, where the images and the crawler update with the game (still playing with the layout):

I'm working on another layout that taps into the RetroAchievements API as well, and will list the user's last 5 achievements on the side by the web cam. Maybe we could have some online multiplayer sessions, like a Dusty Diamond or NBA Ja bracket tournament? Maybe a Street Fighter playthrough? We can even post it back here since the forum has a decent integration with Twitch already...

What do y'all think? Would you be down for Twitching? Maybe passing off a stream hosting on some official GameEx channel? What else would you like to see in the plugin? I'm thinking of leveraging the Streamlabs API to push in custom events for some cool thing or another (achievements probably).

I know we don't have the time and won't keep up with the young kids, but maybe collectively we might have something? :P

Here's my profile if ya wanna throw me a follow: 

He's handsome, in'teee? :)

Right now I have to stream through a Galaxy S7 cell phone camera since I have an extra one laying around, I'm trying to decide how much I wanna spend on a camera. Decisions, decisions!

I got the layout figured out. Still need a decent mic though... The broadcast screen came out pretty nice imho.

@Draco1962 I was thinking about the next level up for the same cam, I wanna be able to put a nice background in there without having to go through the trouble of a green screen. The mic is my main priority right now though. :)

52 minutes ago, Adultery said:

I got the layout figured out. Still need a decent mic though... The broadcast screen came out pretty nice imho.

@Draco1962 I was thinking about the next level up for the same cam, I wanna be able to put a nice background in there without having to go through the trouble of a green screen. The mic is my main priority right now though. :)

Do a green screen, then wear all green while you play so all we see is a floating head!

• Like 1