All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Screen rotation question

Rick.D

Hi there

First i'm totally new to gameex and sorry for my spelling english is not my native language.

I recently purchased a 2-Player sit at arcade machine with gameex installed and everything works fine so far. The only thing im struggling is the screen rotation when starting additional non-mame emulators like winuae from the gameex FE. Amiga files keep starting in horizontal direction. Seems like Winuae - Winuaeloader don't support screen rotation and Gameex uses not its own display settings in this case.

What i tried and what worked is to rotate the display in windows itself and to turn off the screen rotation in Gameex, BUT all mame games show up at a totally wrong resolution now  with huge black boarders left and right. I'm pretty sure im missing something basic here, but i cant work it out ...

thanks for help

Rick

Hi Rick, the version of GameEx installed is too far out of date to try to troubleshoot any further (9.06 vs. 15.52 ). You will need to backup the contents of  your GameEx and if you decide to install the latest version.

You may attempt an over the top or in place install but there is always a risk that something else may break being so far removed from the current version.

Otherwise, you may decide to just retyrn to the GameEx rotation and run arcade games only on this setup and call it a day if you choose not to upgrade.

What you may have to do is leverage the Launch Before and Launch After options to either run a batch file or an AHK script with a command line switch or an application to rotate the screen to the orientation required by WinUAE (via Launch Before setting in Setup Wizard) and then switch back upon exit (via Launch After).

The following has some suggestions you may wish to explore:

https://www.techuntold.com/rotate-windows-screen-display/

Thanks for your suggestion, but i'd prefer keeping the windows in vertical mode now. Apart from the WinUAE problem it is more comfortable to do windows stuff when i can keep sitting at my table after closing GameEx :/

Honestly... theres no logic behind this behavior of GameEx/MAME in my case. Im pretty sure its just a simply setting i got to find.

Anyway thanks for help so far

how embarrasing ... i was so focused on GameEx (cause GameEx gave me the option for screen rotation) that i totally forgot to have a look at the MAME settings ... I simply had to adjust my new screen format in the grafic options of MAME ...

Problem solved