All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[Attn: Tom] background error

sms2169

hello, i have a question as to what this error is in my background log.  gameex seems to work fine except in screensaver mode once in a while it will just have an all black csreen and when i task manager out my screen is black in windows with no start menu or desktop icons and i have to restart machine.  thx.

GameEx.ini

background_log.txt

log.txt

Tom would have to look at that background.log error. Issues with the background program do not come up all that often.

The attract Mode error is stating that the runitgame.bat is being used when it tries to launch. This is what GameEx uses to compile the parameters for the game launch. It should not be doing this. Honestly, I think they may need to chime in on that one as well. Any steps I would suggest are pure guesses.

Note: The black screen is likely the HideDesktop feature. If GameEx crashes, the HideDesktop often does not unhide itself. An Alt-Tab sometimes will let you get to the task manager to close it down manually. If the attract mode issue is coming up more often than you would like, you could disable HideDesktop until you have a more stable setup.