All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Annoying Bug

cevo

Hello all, i have a bug in my machine, i have 3 monitor set up and i use my pinball as HTPC via Kodi software. This way monitor 2 and 3 are turned off via mechanical switch, when i turn on and fire up PinballX this monitor are all time swapped, in monitor 2 i see the topper video and DMD and in monitor 3 the B2S Server. Only reboot and startup with all monitors On Fix the situation. I hate reboot!

Seems PX don't recognize correctly the system monitors setup.. all the other applications don't soffer this problem.

My Specs:

Monitor 1: Playfield 1920x1080 via HDMI on ATI R9 290x

Monitor 2 Backglasses 1280x720 via DVI on ATI R9 290x

Monitor 3 DMD 800x600 via VGA Motherboard Intel Graphics i5

SO: Win 10 PRO Win 7 Ultimate

PinballX: All Version i have tested

Hi, when reporting an issue, please attach copies of your pinballx.ini and log.txt files.

That said, it is likely this is not exclusively a PinballX issue.  Have you tried connecting the DMD to the R9?

Not sure but it seems that others have overcome this but loading Kodi via an option in Setup Wizard  to launch other programs. Doing so will keep PinballX in the background and relaunch it when you are done with Kodi and without shutting off the other monitors.

Within win10 the extra monitors are numberd in the way you powered them on. During boot and you got multiple screens windows will setup up the numbering, but if you power off the monitors during OS is running and you power them on again, the sequence when the first device is recognized by the OS will get the lowest number.

Try to power on 1 by 1 and that should you give the correct result