SpesoftPinballXConvert-It
buzz880

Controls - Keyboard

Mouse support is fine, but I want to be able to do everything with the Keyboard/Cpanel without necessarily having to use the Mouse.

As far as I can tell this is impossible as there is no way to select anything from the keyboard, have I stumbled on an incomplete piece in EVO? or  am I entirely missing something?  My Gameex.ini is attached.  Also Note even with EnableLetterSelect=False, Letter select still works.  

[GAMEEX].ini

It should work. Probably a bug. Could you please post the complete support files? I believe there is an option in the setup wizard to grab them

5 hours ago, headkaze said:

The onscreen keyboard supports keyboard / joystick input.

I think he is saying the physical keyboard is not working?

8 hours ago, Tom Speirs said:

I think he is saying the physical keyboard is not working?

Keyboard as in IPAC/control panel or physical USB keyboard. UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT are fine, it's the SELECT (1) and BACK (2) keys that do not work as configured in gameex.ini 

3 hours ago, Tom Speirs said:

Might be a silly question, but you configured the controls in the setup wizard?

Looks like he has according to his [GAMEEX].ini file

[Keyboard]
INPUT_BACK=[KEYCODE_2]
INPUT_SELECT=[KEYCODE_1]

Okay I see what the problem is [KEYCODE_1] and [KEYCODE_2] are not matching the names generated in RawInput ([KEYCODE_D1] / [KEYCODE_D2]) will be fixed in the next release.

• Thanks 1

Has this been updated yet in a beta or was it working in an older version?  I am having a similar problem mapping in Evolution.  Trying to map my C-panel to navigate using my I-PAC set up.  The keys Map in the GameEx EV wizard but do not work in the main Menu.  Can you provide the bindings that are wrong so we can edit the INI to match maybe?

same problem here, i tried to map my x-arcade to work on the front end, but nothing work. an option in wizard " use x-arcade joystick"  would be great since a lot of people using it.