All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Controls - Keyboard

buzz880

Mouse support is fine, but I want to be able to do everything with the Keyboard/Cpanel without necessarily having to use the Mouse.

As far as I can tell this is impossible as there is no way to select anything from the keyboard, have I stumbled on an incomplete piece in EVO? or  am I entirely missing something?  My Gameex.ini is attached.  Also Note even with EnableLetterSelect=False, Letter select still works.  

[GAMEEX].ini

8 hours ago, Tom Speirs said:

I think he is saying the physical keyboard is not working?

Keyboard as in IPAC/control panel or physical USB keyboard. UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT are fine, it's the SELECT (1) and BACK (2) keys that do not work as configured in gameex.ini 

3 hours ago, Tom Speirs said:

Might be a silly question, but you configured the controls in the setup wizard?

Looks like he has according to his [GAMEEX].ini file

[Keyboard]
INPUT_BACK=[KEYCODE_2]
INPUT_SELECT=[KEYCODE_1]

Okay I see what the problem is [KEYCODE_1] and [KEYCODE_2] are not matching the names generated in RawInput ([KEYCODE_D1] / [KEYCODE_D2]) will be fixed in the next release.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Has this been updated yet in a beta or was it working in an older version?  I am having a similar problem mapping in Evolution.  Trying to map my C-panel to navigate using my I-PAC set up.  The keys Map in the GameEx EV wizard but do not work in the main Menu.  Can you provide the bindings that are wrong so we can edit the INI to match maybe?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I know it has been a while but to add some info.  When I remap the keys for moving through my game lists (Wheel) in the Game Ex Evolution wizard the mapping works.  I have a 5th joystick on my 4 player iPac set up to move around in the Game Ex FE and select games.  I have this working in Game Ex arcade and it is very useful.  When I map the keys using the wizard the correct bindings show up.  For example up on the stick = [F6].  The problem is when I use the stick in Game Ex Evolution it scrolls through the layout options, it changes from left wheel to right wheel block list to vertical list as if I am using the little layout menu.  

So here is what I found to cause the problem.  The Wizard shows the "advance keyboard input" controls option and it can be disabled both in the wizard and the .ini file.  The .ini file has a line to enable and disable.  The wording in the .ini file seems a little different than the wizard but it's followed by a true/false in the ini and the has yes/no in the wizard.  I think the problem is that if you select to turn either off in either location the group of inputs is still together in the .ini list. This leaves the inability to shut off the advance keyboard controls.   In my case this caused duplicate key mappings.  I had Keys like F8 handling 2 controls.  So i needed to blank out the controls that I was not using or remove the duplicates with other mappings to my C-Panel.  

You just can't have duplicate mappings whether or not you are using advanced keyboard inputs.  It would be cool to be able to just disable advance controls and not have them contain default values and go blank in the ini.