All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

I need help with DEmul and REDream command line

big g

Hi. I'm currently using GameEx Arcade Edition, my problem is i'm trying  to get either REDream or DEmul, working with proper command line. Where the games load to emulator without, having to select them after emulator is open. Both emulators load inside in GamEx except DEmul when using this command line. Game loads to setting screen. But works fine outside of GamEx. 

demul.exe -run=dc -image="[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]"

[Console] Sega Dreamcast.ini

Sega Dreamcast.ini

Yo Big G,

I did a little testing with demul for the first time using bat files and eventually got games to run without going through the menu. Funny enough though, I am not entirely sure how. I tried all sorts of tweaks in the emulator and all of a sudden they started loading.

The original command line you have in your first post is correct for starting a game using an image:
        demul.exe -run=dc -image="[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]"
And FYI, the image can be run directly (ie, no need for mounting).

The only thing I did that stands out is that I set GD-ROM Image under the Config menu to the image for Crazy Taxi and then launched Crazy Taxi. I then quit the game, cleared the GD-ROM Image setting and loaded Crazy Taxi successfully again...from there I was able to load other games. I can only assumed it somehow set some parameter in one of the ini files that needed to be set. Maybe this will help you.

The one thing I did see in another forum is that if you plan to use the 'dc' setting, you must use images with a .cdi or .gdi extension.