All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

No Emulators in Attract mode

laggerific

First off, im thrilled that gameex is now showing videos in proper aspect ratio...been dealing with that for awhile.

Now I'm having issues with nonmame games in attract mode.  games work fine outside of attract mode, but i tested by adding only nonmame games to favs, and basically it kept attempting to go into attract mode but would kick out immediately....eventually crashing and resetting the pc.  Attached are the log and conf files...thank you!

log.txt

GameEx.ini

Hey laggerific,

This may be a silly questions, but, is your GameEx coming up as registered (for example, no splash screen)? Using other emulators is a registered user feature only. Your profile shows you are a life-timer, but best to ask.

Also, try setting TOUCHSCREEN/TABLET SETTINGS > ENABLE to NO and retest (unless your setup uses touch screen).

Does attract mode work if you set ONLY FAVORITES to NO (ie allow Mame only)?

I doubt the games themselves are to blame, but could you give some examples of some of your favorites (platform and game)?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, yes, my GameEx is registered. 

So, there is some good news, I have noticed that Dolphin games seem to work, both GC and Wii.  Still, the rest are all sorts of not working.  Touchscreen/Tablet is not enabled. 

As for the Favorites, I did put one game from each emulator and set it that way, so I could validate the different emulators, and it still wouldn't work.  This was with NES, SNES, Genesis, etc.

Thanks for your response...much appreciated.

I've done a bit of testing in GameEx 15.34 and have been unsuccessful in getting attract mode to trigger at all with games. I believe it was working properly when you originally posted your question since I usually test things like this before throwing out a reply (but I honestly do not recall for certain). I had attract mode set up to pull from favorites not long ago, but it only included mame games at that time. I shut it off at one point during some other testing and had not turned it back on.

In any case, I am flying out on a trip tomorrow and will probably not be able to get back to this for some time.

Can someone else try testing this as well?

• 3 months later...

Hi

I just noticed that during my screen saver/Attract mode, Game Ex is only loading videos and Mame games even though I have it set to load other emulators for the screen saver. I have triple checked the Setup Wized as well as the actual Gameex.ini and everything is correct. I just rebooted it so the log file doesn't have any info but I can attach it later if need be.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Nelson

Ok well hopefully its a known issue and not something i need to spend more time on.

It always worked before but my system has been off for a few months and then I updates to the newest version so I don’t know where it broke.

I’ve attached my log and config just in case something stands out.

Thanks

Nelson

GameEx.ini

log.txt

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks...its still happening in the latest release.  Any ideas what might be causing this? a strange thing is that pcsxr works...it shows it ran for2 minutes.  for the emulators that fail, it doesn't show what it attempts to run...i guess it only logs it if it runs?  is there a debug mode i could try?

i have noticed some issues with the runitgame.bat where something tries to edit it while its being used by another program. 

• 1 month later...

Can I get some log files taken after the Attract Mide kicks in and falls back to GameEx so I can take a look at the Command Line?

I tried testing this in August on a Windows 7 machine and could not get attract mode working except for videos and Mame.

Today, I had no problems getting Mame and Sega Genesis (via Fusion) to work in attract mode on my new Windows 10 box. Maybe it is something different between Windows versions...Anyway, my testing from today is attached in case it helps.

log.txt

GameEx.ini

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can someone tell me if downgrading GameEx is as simple as running an older installer or do I have to do anything to preserve setting. I'd like to to try an older version to see if it helps with this issue.

@Phantom - I combined your most recent thread with one regarding the same issue that you opened back in November into one thread. No need for two of the same! ;)

That said, I do not believe that this was something that was broke with a recent update so do not recommend downgrading to a previous version. @RedDog is running Windows 10 as well and it is working for him. The only difference noted is he is on Windows Home and you are using Windows Pro.

Not that I would endorse the idea of downgrading in that manner, but I have seen it posted.   You may very well be trading off one problem for an unknown number of others.

If you decide to try I would suggest you back up all your current folder.

59 minutes ago, Draco1962 said:

@Phantom - I combined your most recent thread with one regarding the same issue that you opened back in November into one thread. No need for two of the same! ;)

That said, I do not believe that this was something that was broke with a recent update so do not recommend downgrading to a previous version. @RedDog is running Windows 10 as well and it is working for him. The only difference noted is he is on Windows Home and you are using Windows Pro.

Ok cool. Thanks. Sorry about the posts, this isn't my thread I just saw someone else was having the same issue so I wasn't sure if I missed the solution. I'll wait to see if the next version fixes it.

I'll take both your advices and stay where I am

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...