All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Alt Codes for Extra Info

scutters

Anyone else using Alt Codes in PinballX to add a bit more info in a graphical way to the tables? If you're not familiar with them they're effectively emoji's accessed by holding the ALT key and using numbers on the number pad.

I've been playing around and am using a few now, adding & combining them in the Description field of Game Manager;

(ALT+127909) pup / video content
 (ALT+128266) altsound used
 (ALT+14) music table
 (ALT+127912) color dmd

See attached file for what the characters look like, i can paste them into this post but it won't let me save it after for some reason.

Just be careful if you do use them and use pinballxrecorder to create media with name based on the description field after, it'll add the characters in filenames that you'll then need to remove for them to work in pinballx.

pinxaltcode .rtf

Yeah, that would be best practice!. So long as you add the alt codes after adding/creating all the media files for pinballx they don't seem to cause an issue. I put them after the tables name but before the manufacturer & year info.

Anyways, added a couple more in attached (well ok - i don't use the bad table one! ;)) and part of screenshot to show in use to give an idea of what it looks like in front end.

If anybody does want to use them and you have a crappy mini keyboard like me at the cabinet, copying and pasting them from an rtf file is easier than trying to type them!.

pinxaltcode.rtf

inuse.jpg