All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Advanced Gameex Setup

Alan Ribas

I'm configuring some computer games on the gameex. However the "ESC" function to exit the game works well when it comes to emulators. But it is desirable when playing computer games because sometimes the "ESC" button is used inside the game to revert to the previous screen.
So I selected the low displayed option circled in red. But when I enter a computer game when I press the "ESC" button it still comes out.

I want to keep the default setting where all emulators are closed when I press "ESC". But I want when I'm playing computer games specifically the ESC button does not cause the game to close and return to Gameex.

Apart from the above mentioned option, to choose the [mapping off] exit option (ALT + F4) I have no idea how to do this. I would like for example "ALT + F4" to close the computer games if necessary.

It's kind of silly, but I do not see any apparent options. Can someone help me?

a.png

CustomMenu.ini

GameEx.ini

log.txt

SetupWizard.log

You did not indicate if what kind of CP you are using for your computer games. Are you using

A. Keyboard and mouse?

B. Gamepad or joystick?

C. Cabinet controls?

D. Mix of the above?

Since computer games can span through any of these, I think we need to know more.

8 minutes ago, Draco1962 said:

You did not indicate if what kind of CP you are using for your computer games. Are you using

A. Keyboard and mouse?

B. Gamepad or joystick?

C. Cabinet controls?

D. Mix of the above?

Since computer games can span through any of these, I think we need to know more.

To play computer games I use xbox one wirelles controls.

I can not understand why the solution depends on this information.:huh:

The solution for a cabinet controller will not be quite the same as a wireless Xbox One controller. If you are playing computer games that are compatible with an Xbox One Controller, then it may be easier to help you find that solution. 

You may need to play around with the Advanced Configuration Editor. Click the ... at the end of the Advanced Configuration. It should launch the Advanced Config Editor.  I have not had any need to use this so not certain, but I think it should help you map your Xbox One controller as needed.

6 hours ago, Alan Ribas said:

I can not understand why the solution depends on this information.:huh:

It sorta feels like everytime someone tries to help, you question the authenticity or complain about the questions and requests from the assistor. I really think it's probably a language thing and I apologize if it is, but your comments read as really abrasive. You won't get much help from anyone here if you're going to serve them a spoonful of bleach every time someone responds.

That being said... Truth is, it matters how you play, which is why @Draco1962 asked that question. Different inputs use different methods... Some are Direct Input, some are X Input, some are keyboard strokes emulated through buttons... Each thing matters, no matter how insignificant it seems to you.

/me climbs off soapbox

Now for your post... I'm having a tough time understanding what you're asking. Is the issue that ESC closes your PC game and you don't want it to? If so, I assure you it's the global mapping that's getting in your way:

2018-11-14 20_50_51-GameEx Setup Wizard.png

You need to disable this setting, otherwise you will always have ESC act as an exit key. You will then need to do something in the emulator itself instead. By definition, "global exit" means exactly that, it's global acrossed everything. There may be a way to ignore it for an emulator, but I don't use/need the global exit feature. I use Xpadder key mapping/assignments instead.

If what you're saying is that you can't get it to close using ESC but that's what the PC requires and you're using a gamepad... You can try this setting:

2018-11-14 20_56_06-GameEx Setup Wizard_v2.png

Alternately (since I know you're already using Xpadder based on the last thread(s) I assisted you with), map a key to it and load a profile for your PC games. I have a few emulators that only have a few non-essential keys mapped (specifically for RetroArch, I have a SHIFT key I hold to load an alternate button set, and that modifier has things like Rewind, Save/Load State, Emulator Exit, etc). I've never had much luck with that baked-in Advanced Config feature you're asking about personally, so I don't use it.

Hopefully some of that is helpful.

9 hours ago, Adultery said:

It sorta feels like everytime someone tries to help, you question the authenticity or complain about the questions and requests from the assistor. I really think it's probably a language thing and I apologize if it is, but your comments read as really abrasive. You won't get much help from anyone here if you're going to serve them a spoonful of bleach every time someone responds.

That being said... Truth is, it matters how you play, which is why @Draco1962 asked that question. Different inputs use different methods... Some are Direct Input, some are X Input, some are keyboard strokes emulated through buttons... Each thing matters, no matter how insignificant it seems to you.

/me climbs off soapbox

Now for your post... I'm having a tough time understanding what you're asking. Is the issue that ESC closes your PC game and you don't want it to? If so, I assure you it's the global mapping that's getting in your way:

2018-11-14 20_50_51-GameEx Setup Wizard.png

You need to disable this setting, otherwise you will always have ESC act as an exit key. You will then need to do something in the emulator itself instead. By definition, "global exit" means exactly that, it's global acrossed everything. There may be a way to ignore it for an emulator, but I don't use/need the global exit feature. I use Xpadder key mapping/assignments instead.

If what you're saying is that you can't get it to close using ESC but that's what the PC requires and you're using a gamepad... You can try this setting:

2018-11-14 20_56_06-GameEx Setup Wizard_v2.png

Alternately (since I know you're already using Xpadder based on the last thread(s) I assisted you with), map a key to it and load a profile for your PC games. I have a few emulators that only have a few non-essential keys mapped (specifically for RetroArch, I have a SHIFT key I hold to load an alternate button set, and that modifier has things like Rewind, Save/Load State, Emulator Exit, etc). I've never had much luck with that baked-in Advanced Config feature you're asking about personally, so I don't use it.

Hopefully some of that is helpful.

Adultery ...
About my comments being harsh. If by chance I have this fame here in the forum know that it is totally unfair. I would never be rude to a person for free. Even more coarse with a person who is trying to help me.
If by chance my statements in this forum sound like this I apologize to everyone who felt upset.
I've been learning English for a little over a year, and I rely heavily on Google's automatic translators.

I can confirm you an Adultery thing I've never ... ever .... I intended to offend a person in this forum. Even that testimonial I wrote about a problem I had in gameex and no one helped me. It was just an outburst. Only that.

I honestly believe that the difference in culture we have, coupled with the use of automatic translators is creating a sense of aggression that does not exist.

As I mentioned above, I am studying the English language. And in many moments in the classes I perceive comments from the American actors, characters of the videos, that if they were said here in Brazil would be considered a little badly educated comments.

So I guess that's it. Honestly there's no way I can change that. My English is still weak and I depend on google translator to help me communicate with you.
But I reiterate what I have already stated to make the situation very clear: I never wanted to offend anyone in all the hundreds of comments I made.

For example, my last comment about what fellow "Draco1962" said.
when I said "I can not understand why the solution depends on this information" means at least here in Brazil more or less like this

"I do not understand that. Help me understand why it's like this" more or less. It is an affirmative comment, but it is implied that the transmitter of the message needs explanation to understand.

So Draco, you often help me. I'm sorry if you ever felt that way either.
I'm not a rough person. On the contrary, I am well educated with everyone I know, on and off the internet.

If you know people who think I'm ungrateful please ask them to read this testimonial.

I honestly had no idea I had this fame here. :unsure:

No harm no foul.  No offense here. Just a suggestion to dial back the outbursts a bit. In this Internet world, perception is reality for many. What is seen, even if not intended, is what is real for some folks. 

• Thanks 1

@Alan Ribas I completely understand, and what I offered was advice based on my perception and in no way reflects anyone else's opinion but my own. Thank you for the explanation, and I will always keep that in mind moving forward. It's already really hard to "read" people over the internet, and the difference in culture only makes it more difficult. Believe me... Google Translate is also tough to use and read from, although it does get the point across without taking into consideration the tone or purpose.

The fact that you're even trying to learn English just to be able to communicate is nothing short of amazing, and I admire you for that. :)

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

The solution for a cabinet controller will not be quite the same as a wireless Xbox One controller. If you are playing computer games that are compatible with an Xbox One Controller, then it may be easier to help you find that solution. 

You may need to play around with the Advanced Configuration Editor. Click the ... at the end of the Advanced Configuration. It should launch the Advanced Config Editor.  I have not had any need to use this so not certain, but I think it should help you map your Xbox One controller as needed.

I've been hanging around for a while. But the ideas I had were not enough to solve my case. But I'll keep trying. I know that there is the answer to my problem. I just could not find a solution yet.

Regarding Your Suggestion Adultery. Although I use the Xpadder program it does not work very well on my Windows 10. Some bugs do happen.
I was thinking of enabling the function of the xbox joystick guide button. From what I saw the function is enabled when we press the button for 5 seconds. However, when the guide button is held down for three seconds, the control is turned off. How does this button function work?

Please explain to me ... I have changed the escape key. I pulled out the "ESC" button and put the "1" button on the keyboard in its place. Even so, when I press the Esc button even after removing it the game closes and returns to the gameex. What am I doing wrong?

In summary: I thought about enabling the number 1 button as an escape key for emulators and enabling the xbox one tab button to escape computer games. Is that possible?

aa.png

a.png