All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

help! gamex error

peterson65

uninstalled,  deleted the gamex  folder and reinstalled only the 32 bit version and left everything default and setup mame only and it seems to be working? could swear I installed the 64 bit version the first time and it worked but hey its working now thanks!!

figured out what was really causing the crash, it was a corrupt theme. I was using the galaga vertical theme and reselected and it crashed so it deleted the folder and re-download and now its fine but it there any big advantage with the 64 bit version of gameex?   or should I leave it the 32bit version. also where do I disable the showing of the control panel at the game launch,  thanks

20181115_053953.png

This may sound like a generic answer if you have a knowledgeable computer background, but...

If you have a 64-bit system and a 64-bit version of a program exists, it is usually in your best interest to try the 64-bit version. It means that aspects of the program have been written to take advantage of 64-bit architecture that should allow the program to run better (though you may or may not notice a difference).

Note that 32-bit versions of programs should run just fine on 64-bit systems and you will not have any loss of features or functionality, so it is generally ok to go with a 32 bit version.

In this case, the 64-bit version of Gameex was released earlier in the summer, so we have seen a few incomatibilities crop up. Tom has been working to fix these as they have been discovered. If the 32-bit version works fine for you and you are happy with it, then I suggest leaving it at that. However, you could try the 64-bit version down the road if the itch ever strikes you.