All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Gameex error

Alan Ribas

Hi guys. About 3 days ago I was walking through the gameex menus. And an error began to appear (Print screen attached). This error always happens when I go through the option that was highlighted by me from red in the photo.
I reinstalled the gameex. I formatted my computer by installing everything from scratch all over again but the problem persists. Does anybody have any idea what this is?

erro.png

GameEx.ini

log.txt

SetupWizard.log

Another error that comes up when I click on back up the xpadder information. I do not know how to say it but I think that whatever the problem is, it is impacting on several parts of the gameex. Not necessarily a bug in xpadder but it should be something the frontend needs that is not working right.

erro 3.png

I'm sure this is due to some issue with how you installed the plug-in, and some dependencies are missing although I can't read the message since it's not in English. Please download/install the plug-in using the Repository Manager.

9 minutes ago, Adultery said:

I'm sure this is due to some issue with how you installed the plug-in, and some dependencies are missing although I can't read the message since it's not in English. Please download/install the plug-in using the Repository Manager.

I was using the "Plugin Downloader". However even when there is an update he did not show me. Until today I believed in him and when I went to see there were already updates of the "xpadder" or "driver loader" and I did not even see it.
Is the "Plugin Downloader" no longer in use?

34 minutes ago, Adultery said:

See the end of this message for details on how to call the
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'Headsoft.DVD, Version = 1.0.6545.4082, Culture = neutral, PublicKeyToken = null' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.
File name: 'Headsoft.DVD, Version = 1.0.6545.4082, Culture = neutral, PublicKeyToken = null'
   in SetupWizard.GameEx.GetDVDCodecArray ()
   in SetupWizard.Main.ShowSettings (Control control, XmlSection xmlSection, Single fontSize, Color textColor, Color linkColor)
   in SetupWizard.XmlSectionManager.ShowSection ()
   in SetupWizard.XmlSectionManager.GoToSection (Int32 sectionIndex)
   in SetupWizard.XmlSectionManager.a (Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)
   in System.Windows.Forms.ListView.OnSelectedIndexChanged (EventArgs and)
   in System.Windows.Forms.ListView.WmReflectNotify (Message & m)
   in System.Windows.Forms.ListView.WndProc (Message & m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc (Message & m)
   in System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback (IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

AVI: The assembly bind log is disabled.
To enable assembly failure logging, set the [HKLM \ Software \ Microsoft \ Fusion! EnableLog] (DWORD) registry value to 1.
NOTE: There is some penalty for the performance associated with the assembly connection failure log.
To disable this feature, remove the registry value [HKLM \ Software \ Microsoft \ Fusion! EnableLog].

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Version of the Assembly: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 version: 2.0.50727.8937 (WinRelRS4.050727-8900)
    Base Code: file: /// C: /Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
SetupWizard
    Assembly Version: 1.0.6819.3115
    Win32 version: 1.0.6819.3115
    Code Base: file: /// C: /GameEx/SetupWizard.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 version: 2.0.50727.8922 (WinRelRS4.050727-8900)
    Base Code: file: /// C: /Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Win32 version: 2.0.50727.8934 (WinRelRS4.050727-8900)
    Base Code: file: /// C: /Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Base Code: file: /// C: /Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Headsoft.FrontEnd
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 version: 1.0.0.0
    Code Base: file: /// C: /GameEx/Headsoft.FrontEnd.DLL
Headsoft.Tools
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 version: 1.0.0.0
    Code Base: file: /// C: /GameEx/Headsoft.Tools.DLL
System.Xml
    Base Code: file: /// C: /Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
mscorlib.resources
    Win32 version: 2.0.50727.8937 (WinRelRS4.050727-8900)
    Base Code: file: /// C: /Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
System.Configuration
    Code Base: file: /// C: /Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Management
    Base Code: file: /// C: /Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Management/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Management.dll
Headsoft.DriveInfo
    Assembly Version: 1.0.6535.17563
    Win32 Version:
    Code Base: file: /// C: /GameEx/Headsoft.DriveInfo.DLL
msvcm90
    Assembly Version: 9.0.30729.9415
    Win32 version: 9.00.30729.9415
    Base Code: file: /// C: /Windows/WinSxS/amd64_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.9415_none_08e0c10ba840a28a/msvcm90.dll
System.Windows.Forms.resources
    Base Code: file: /// C: /Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/2.0.0.0_en_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll

************** Debugging JIT **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file of this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging defined in the system.windows.forms section.
The application should also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging = "true" />
</ configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer,
instead of being handled in this dialog box.

The translation speaks this here:
An unhandled exception has occurred in the application. Could not load file or assembly "Headsoft.dvd.version = 1.0.6545.4082 .......", or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

Also, the Plug-in Manager had been depreciated some time ago, you should instead use the Repository Manager. It's a totally different thing.

Please also make sure you have .net framework 3.5 installed.

10 minutes ago, Adultery said:

Interesting, that error you listed is not related to my plug-in. That needs a GameEx bug ticket.

Adultery I imagined that the problem could be something else. The gameex in some points has presented some crashes. I think it's something that the frontend and the plugins need that is not working properly. But I have no idea what it might be. I formatted my computer and installed the most up-to-date drivers. The Windows 10 operating system is up to date in its latest version. I have no idea what the problem might be. When I search for the problem I see some forums I see people with this problem but they do not find the answer.:(

Can you post the settings.xml for the Xpadder plugin? Located in the same place the log is.

And if you have it on, please disable the plugin's auto-backup option.

Nevermind I figured it out:

ERROR @ XPADDER: A operação solicitada requer elevação

Xpadder is looking for Admin permissions and the exe won't launch. So your issue is actually Xpadder.exe not the plug-in.

You can check it by clicking it, if it prompts you to give elevated permission, you'll have to put it somewhere else on your computer or set the option to run as administrator in the program options (which is hit or miss).

7 minutes ago, Adultery said:

Xpadder is looking for Admin permissions and the exe won't launch. So your issue is actually Xpadder.exe not the plug-in.

You can check it by clicking it, if it prompts you to give elevated permission, you'll have to put it somewhere else on your computer or set the option to run as administrator in the program options (which is hit or miss).

I do not know if I understood what Adultery said. Currently the xpadder program is configured to work with admin privileges.

11 minutes ago, Adultery said:

My God !!! It worked...
I unchecked the box to run with administrator privileges.