All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

RIP Stan Lee

Draco1962

https://www.newsweek.com/stan-lee-dead-marvel-comics-creator-dies-95-1212417?utm_source=GoogleNewsstandCulture&utm_medium=Feed&utm_campaign=Partnerships

RIP Mr. Lee. Your creations helped me to cross relationship barriers with my uncle. You gave us marvelous worlds to explore and flawed, yet upstanding heroes to look up to and emulate. EXCELSIOR!

Words cannot describe my feelings.  I thought my brother was just pulling my leg when he texted it to me earlier today.  Such a tragic loss.  I knew he was old, and had some health problems.  But I had always hoped to meet him some day.  Not even for an autograph or anything.  Just to sit and chat with him.  Can you imagine what that would have been like?  So sad.  At least he can reconnect with his wife in heaven now.  God speed.

My uncle and I had a strained relationship that carried on and off up until his death. He turned me on to Thor and The Incredible Hulk as a preteen. We'd talk for hours about everything surrounding these characters. He was surprised to learn I had picked up on The Amazing Spider-Man and The Fantastic Four and The Inhumans. I have forgotten a lot of the minutiae but recall the closeness I felt with him when we talked about them.