All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Cabinet joystick to keyboard to virtual joystick

alexdelarge

Hi,

I have an arcade cabinet with two original cabinet joysticks. These controls are not recognized by Windows as regular joysticks but are instead mapped, via WinIPAC, to keyboard keys. Works fine for MAME and most other emulators.

Here is my problem: Some emulators have the feature to select joystick as input, for example BeebEm (BBC Micro). But as I do not have Windows joysticks installed in my setup I cannot use that feature.

I think this can be solved by mapping the keyboard keys that my cabinet joysticks uses to virtual joysticks.

So I'm looing for a solution which translates keyboard strokes / cabinet joysticks to virtual joysticks. Is there an application available that will solve this?. I installed VJoy but I'm not sure it that's the right application (and I do not understand much of it).

I hope I was clear, English is not first language.

Kind regards,

Michel