All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

PinballX hangs after intro splash screen..

80sBear

Hey gang..working to get my first install on PinballX going and need to ask for some help as I'm totally stuck.

Issue is that PBX hangs (black screen on both playfield and backglass monitors) right after the PBX logo and "Welcome to PinballX" audio.  Don't see anything else, and I have to force close the program with Windows Task Manager to recover.

Here's the pertinent info:

1. Give a brief description of you system setup (2/3 screen setup, feedback, addressable leds) - Win7 64-bit; 2 1920x1080 monitors; no feedback, leds, etc.  Still a desktop system that I'm testing with rotated playfield monitor - have cabinet on order.

2. Are you using any 3rd party add-ons (dmdext, doflinx, PUplayer) NO

3. Define which emulator you are having issues with (VPX, Future Pinball, FX3) All - PinballX hangs on start; can never get to the wheel to see a game to try launching.  Only thing I have configured in Game Manager at this point is Visual Pinball X.

4. Is the issue table specific or an issue for all tables? If so please state the table name All

5. Does this issue occur only when launching the game via PBX? N/A - see above

6. What Version of PBX are you on? 3.29

Also - after I kill the process via Windows Task Manager, my Windows Start Menu is gone.  I have to kill explorer.exe and launch a new explorer process to get it back.  I see "Hiding Taskbar" in the Log file so assume if I were to exit PBX normally that it'd restore the task bar.  Is that right?

INI and log files are attached.

Thanks for any/all help.  I've tried just about everything I can think of at this point and am totally stuck.

- B

PinballX.ini

log.txt

Think I've figured it out.  I don't have any joystick or controller attached (just using keyboard while testing) and there looks to be a 60 second timeout on looking for a joystick.  Log shows:

18:51:30.1 Initialize joystick

18:52:30.5 No Joysticks attached (note - 60 seconds later)

Looking through the rest of the log, PinballX starts almost immediately after.  I just wasn't waiting long enough..

Appreciate the help!

Hmmm ... When I started my test environment, I didn't have a joystick or pinball controllers too, but launches quickly.

Not sure why it waits for 60 sec.

And I'm on w10 64 bit and also uses the 32 bit version of PinballX

Have you checked Windows Event viewer at or around the time stamp in the log file or around Windows startup for any device errors?  What kind of game controller or controller board are connected? Latest drivers for the device and OS installed?