All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

The Bane of my Existence (Mounting ISO Issues... AGAIN)[FIXED]

uberpubert69

4 minutes ago, uberpubert69 said:

Sweet action, yeah Magic Engine requires a specific drive to be specified too. Otherwise with SSF at least it will keep mounting images without unmounting them and the wrong ISO gets loaded

Yeah, it's designed to create and dispose the drive and manually created ones can't be disposed of, so it needs --unmount_all instead of --remove_all

Hang tight, I'll get ya set up shortly. ;)

OK, use this one for now. I've gotta make some changes to accomodate your settings, so you can just copy/paste the XML in if it works and you know the emulator number, or you can wait until I fix it tonight. I only did the two TG16 CD emulators and your Saturn emulator (Emus 18, 20 and 53). :)

If you decide to paste the XML in, do it on a line after the </emulator> node and before the </dt_mount> node. Also change the emulator number to the one GameEx uses. You'll also need to remove the [DTools-SCSI] parameter from your emulator command lines, the plugin will look for and apply the settings manually if it finds a corresponding emulator node.

<emulator number="20">
    <exepath>C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTCommandLine.exe</exepath>
    <cl_in>--mount_to --letter "J" --ro --path "[RomPathFull]"</cl_in>
    <cl_out>--unmount --letter "J"</cl_out>
  </emulator>

The attached file will go in the GameEx > Plugins > DT Loader folder, overwriting the one in there. Let me know how you get on. :)

Settings.xml

All fixed up! Grab v1.2.6 from the Repository Manager. It should be much less painless to set up overrides now, and I am sure that the "test mounting" option in the GUI works (that green checkmark button) no matter what your mount/unmount commands are, may be useful in your diagnosis if it's not doing what you're expecting it to.

You are the best sir. However with the new settings everything still seems to behave the same. Should I delete my J drive? is it intended to auto mount to J and delete it without it being there manually?

Alright so I think we're almost done with fixing all this. I can get everything to mount it seems like. And its all mounting to the J drive now. Only problem is, the emulators open before the ISO gets a chance to mount. For example Ill Load up Albert Odyssey for Saturn, it will decompress my 7z and SSF will load. After emulator loads my Virtual Disc Drive pops up telling me to insert a disc. After closing the emulator the ISO actually gets mounted. So everything is getting mounted too late and the emulators cant find the ISO because it's essentially loading an empty drive and DT doesn't mount until after emulation has ceased completely, not after a couple seconds have passed. Only when emulation has ended does the ISO mount. Any way to delay the launching of the emulator so the ISO has time to mount first?

GameEx.ini

log.txt

runitgame.bat

dtloader.log

Yes sir, there are delay options built in just for this sort of thing. Click the clock button in the GUI, that should do ya. :)

5 hours ago, Adultery said:

Yes sir, there are delay options built in just for this sort of thing. Click the clock button in the GUI, that should do ya. :)

The settings are to delay the mounting process itself, and my settings are already set to no delay and it still doesn't mount fast enough... :(

Reading up to see if theres anything else not on the GameEx side of things that can be done to fix things but it doesn't seem that there is anything really. Apparently Windows has natively supported mounting ISOs since 8.1, is this true? If so could we try seeing if that's a better option? Probably not I don't see Microsoft going out of their way having SCSI or other drive settings like that if it did. :/

Heres images of what I see when I try playing. Top image is after I end emulation and GameEx loads back up. Bottom image is when  files has decompressed and emulation has started. Seems like the mounting process is taking too long or something.

message 2.png

message 1.png

I don't think they support SCSI, I could be wrong.

I can implement a post-mount delay option for you in 10 minutes. I'll make it happen after work. :)

• Thanks 1

Please try the attached, which should make it sleep for 10 seconds after mounting to allow the ISO to mount fully. If it works, I'll make the delay customizable through the GUI.

• Thanks 1

yessssssssssssssss! Everything mounts and unmounts perfectly now. idk if at all possible, but is there a way to remove the delay for when emulation has ended and GameEx reloads up? Its about 10 seconds of black screen to wait for GameEx to return. If not that's something I can live with I'm just glad my ISOs are mounting and unmounting lmao Otherwise everything mounts and unmounts what seems like instantly. The only real noticeable delay like I said is when you quit the game, it'll take a tad longer now to return to GamEx. Soooooo happy right now btw lol

Yep, that's no problem. I'm just going to add a setting for both, there was a reason for the delay at the end (I think it was a focus issue with MagicISO) but if I'm going to add pre-delay customization I can add post-delay customization too.

I'm not going to get to it until tonight after the 2yo goes to bed, if you can make due until then.

I'm super pumped to hear it's working finally! We get there eventually! Thanks for all the testing!

Can you do me a solid and post your dtools.log one more time? I saw a bug in there and think I fixed it but I want to make sure.

Yeah, no worries at all! After much testing it seems most of my Saturn ISOs are either bad dumps or I should be loading the ISOs and not their .CUE files. I just tried loading Castlevania SotN for Saturn manually outside of GameEx and it came up wit an error mounting the .CUE. Mounting the ISO was no problem though. I'm just worried about not getting any music in my games because a lot of ISOs have the MP3s outside of the ISO. But that's another problem entirely. :P The .Cue files are what you want right?

dtloader.log

• Like 1

Perfect, thanks! Squished that bug, which is always satisfying!

I'll push that update out late tonight, make sure you grab it.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, uberpubert69 said:

Yeah, no worries at all! After much testing it seems most of my Saturn ISOs are either bad dumps or I should be loading the ISOs and not their .CUE files. I just tried loading Castlevania SotN for Saturn manually outside of GameEx and it came up wit an error mounting the .CUE. Mounting the ISO was no problem though. I'm just worried about not getting any music in my games because a lot of ISOs have the MP3s outside of the ISO. But that's another problem entirely. :P The .Cue files are what you want right?

dtloader.log

I've had a similar issue with my Saturn and Sega CD sets but it was ultimately an issue with the cue file itself. ICR exactly what it was but I remember having to open the CUE files in a text editor and fixing the issue manually. It was pretty gross.

Ultimately I just went and got a new HyperList set from somewhere. I've since moved to HyperSpin sets for all my systems... It's just a much cleaner, better experience overall. Whoever curates those does fabulous work!

5 minutes ago, Adultery said:

I've had a similar issue with my Saturn games, but it was an issue with the cue file itself. ICR exactly what it was but I remember having to open the CUE files in a text editor and fixing the issue manually. It was pretty gross.

Ultimately I just went and got a new HyperList set from somewhere. I've since moved to HyperSpin sets for all my systems... It's just a much cleaner, better experience overall. Whoever curates those does fabulous work!

Funny you say that. I used to have major issues with my Sega CD games having bad CUE files so much so I downloaded a "Sega cue maker" program and still have it in my SSF directory lol. It seems everything's right but I guess I need to look for those hyperlist cues sounds like.

Alright, I pushed out an update. I was gonna pop in and pop out, but I ended up spending 3 hours on it. Here's hoping I didn't break anything and it works out for you, @uberpubert69! Make sure you set the delay (it's global, you don't need to set it for each emlator), you should be able to tweak it some and hit that "sweet spot" (on my machine it's about 6 seconds for a sizeable PS2 ISO).

Enjoy, and thanks again for all your help getting this fixed up! You have the patience of a saint. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It does indeed! I'll be adding x64 compatibility to all my stuff, which should be quick but if it's anything like this, I'll wind up tossing hours into them for no really good reason. :D

And of course, you're welcome samba de amigo!! Anytime!!

On 11/10/2018 at 1:35 AM, Adultery said:

Alright, I pushed out an update. I was gonna pop in and pop out, but I ended up spending 3 hours on it. Here's hoping I didn't break anything and it works out for you, @uberpubert69! Make sure you set the delay (it's global, you don't need to set it for each emlator), you should be able to tweak it some and hit that "sweet spot" (on my machine it's about 6 seconds for a sizeable PS2 ISO).

Enjoy, and thanks again for all your help getting this fixed up! You have the patience of a saint. :)

No, thank you man! You got some mad coding skills.  I'll be sure to mess with the new updated plugin and tell you my results shortly. Been real busy the last couple days heh. I've discovered nearly all of my Saturn ISOs are bad dumps or just dumps SSF doesn't like. So I've been able to quickly mount and test nearly my entire Saturn library which isn't much but hey lol. Now my GameEx setup is nearly perfect now. :D

• Like 1