All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

The Bane of my Existence (Mounting ISO Issues... AGAIN)[FIXED]

uberpubert69

My favorite issue is back. On top of that there's some sort of bug in the latest version of GameEx. Cant setup or download any new plugins only the ones that are in by default. The plugins are in the right directory too. So no VDL for me. If someone can just give me the proper commands for SSF and MagicEngine I'll love you til the end of time. Good to be back btw. Wish it were under better circumstances.

log.txt

GameEx.ini

Just now, uberpubert69 said:

My favorite issue is back. On top of that there's some sort of bug in the latest version of GameEx. If someone can just give me the proper commands for SSF and MagicEngine I'll love you til the end of time. Good to be back btw. Wish it were under better circumstances.

log.txt

GameEx.ini

What do you mean by "there's some sort of bug in the latest version of GameEx?" As for your favorite issue, can you be more descript as to the exact error you are encountering?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Draco1962 said:

What do you mean by "there's some sort of bug in the latest version of GameEx?" As for your favorite issue, can you be more descript as to the exact error you are encountering?

my bad spent the last 4 hours trial and erroring. I cant mount my ISOs. Daemon Tools commands are different again. what I was using for commands no longer work. Edited my 1st post.

I've been up all night tinkering with GameEx, my apologies for being all over the place. BTW the last time I had GameEx installed was around 4 years ago an a different PC build and somehow GameEx had all of my settings and files saved, so when I installed everything was there like it never was gone. Super impressed by this btw. Anyways, I'm trying to load, and more precisely get my ISOs to mount using Daemon Tools. The configuration I had before no longer works because Daemon Tools keeps changing their commands. I need either an updated "Launch Before" and "Launch After" command for Daemon Tools to mount my ISOs again, or a standard command like ssf.exe -m "[ROMPATH][ROMFILE]". Like I said before too, I can't access the Virtual Drive Loader plugin because of some sort of bug in GameEx. It only shows the default plugins, and when I download either manually or through GameEx itself the Virtual Drive Loader Plugin it just doesn't show up in the list. Any help as always would be greatly appreciated.

Appears you have the 64-bit version installed. Have you tried downloading the most recent version and unchecked Install 64-bit to install the 32-bit version to see if the plugins access works along with your ISO mounting? It is possible that the plugin is only 32-bit compatible. Please give that a try and report back.

You should be able to install over the top of your current installation with no ill effects. As always, I recommend a backup of anything you have spent a lot of time setting up whenever possible.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Draco1962 said:

Have you checked the Daemon Tools site or Google to see what command lines are available for the DTCommandline.exe ?

Found this but I can't get any combination of commands to work. Also seems like the plugin doesn't stay enabled. I configure it and when I check it again its unchecked.

https://daemon-help.com/additionally/command/

GameEx.ini

log.txt

dtloader.log

Settings.xml

runitgame.bat

I PM'd you also, but I fixed the plugin and put out a new version. Please let me know if you run into any issues, I'm going to work on the new zip/7zip direct mounting feature they introduced in 10.7 for a future release as soon as you can confirm this one;s working for me. :)

That bug where pluins don't look like they're checked.. I thought that was fixed a ways back? I use the Repository Manager anyhow, but I do as much of my testing as I can without loading up the Setup Wizard.

It's here if you installed into the default location >>> C:\GameEx\Repository Manager.exe

38 minutes ago, Tom Speirs said:

Nice to know GameEx is so important in your life! lol. I can't think of anything that would have changed in GameEx but will have a look shortly.

Thanks.

Tom.

It's the only thing that keeps me going. lmao. ive had no luck with the latest plugin. will try through the repository manager and check back. I know ssf.exe [DTLOADER-SCSI] used to work for me but atm it isn't. It isn't GameEx specifically that's got something wrong. Daemon Tools changes their Commands each time they make a new version.

Edit: Repo manager changed nothing. idk what the problem could be.

@Adultery That sounds like an amazing feature they put in. All of my ISOs are 7z compressed lol PM'd you all my logs and config files btw

@Tom Speirs: I'm not sure if you've looked at this yet, but in his case it's not even loading his plugins at all according to the log he sent me, but the ini says it is:

[Plugin_22]
Enabled=True
Name=DT Loader.dll

Well crap, I just downloaded the x64 version of GameEx and it's not loading any my plugins. I think I need to re-push them to run on any architecture. Still not the same issue he's having though, my GX log is showing a flat out refusal to run any of them.

@uberpubert69 : Are you running the 32 or 64 -bit version of GameEx?

Nevermind, it's 32:

17:03:49.53  11/6/2018:  GameEx: Version 15.52: Starting Log

3 hours ago, Adultery said:

Well crap, I just downloaded the x64 version of GameEx and it's not loading any my plugins. I think I need to re-push them to run on any architecture. Still not the same issue he's having though, my GX log is showing a flat out refusal to run any of them.

@uberpubert69 : Are you running the 32 or 64 -bit version of GameEx?

Nevermind, it's 32:

17:03:49.53  11/6/2018:  GameEx: Version 15.52: Starting Log

Yeah, none of the plugins enable either the default ones or manually downloaded ones. Not sure what the problem is... :/ Both 64 bit and 32 bit versions do this

My issue is different unfortunately... I can enable and disable them no problem, they just don't run in x64. This kinda feels like a write permission thing to me, but I can't be sure.

What happens if you run the Repo Manager with Administrator permission?

Also, where is your GameEx installation located? Might be better off for now to back up your files and try reinstalling GameEx temporarily just to rule it out if it's not installed in C:\\GameEx\

Running as admin did nothing. On a fresh install the checkmark is on after restarting the manager now. After messing with some things everything seems to work it just doesn't mount to where I want it to. and it doesn't seem to unmount either. I want all my ISOs to mount to my J Virtual Drive.

log.txt

GameEx.ini

dtloader.log

Oof, did you not install Daemon Tools in the default path? It's not finding your exe. That's going to make this much more difficult unfortunately...

If you have a permanent Virtual Drive, I'll have to do some extra work. DT makes it a lot more difficult if you don't create and remove the drive at the time you use it. But I can work around it, just need some time to massage it.

• Thanks 1

I know, It's just that SSF needs to have a disc drive pointed to in its ini and when you quick mount it doesn't let me set it because the drive is somehow mounting after ssf launches and it can't see it. I'm sorry for my complicated setup lol. Mednafen just doesn't do it for me... :/

Actually it might be better if you just add the extra drive letter parameter manually. I'll send you a settings file here shortly you should be able to use as long as the drive letter will always be J.

2 minutes ago, Adultery said:

Actually it might be better if you just add the extra drive letter parameter manually. I'll send you a settings file here shortly you should be able to use as long as the drive letter will always be J.

Sweet action, yeah Magic Engine requires a specific drive to be specified too. Otherwise with SSF at least it will keep mounting images without unmounting them and the wrong ISO gets loaded