All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Gameex Bootup for Windows

Pirat

hello to all of us, the hard disk on which gameex was standing broke, there are all folders from this disk, but the emulator does not run on another disk from windows xp
How can we be to revive everything as it was, bought in London in 2009
we in Russia do not have not something like that how to be?

ae1718abe285.png

e10fff9989af.jpg

EDIT: Edited Title to more closely reflect the purpose of the thread (RedDog). 11-16-2018
EDIT: Removed the 'RESOLVED' tag since member still needs assistance. 11-19-2018

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. How to make sure that when the computer is turned on, the gameex program is loaded right away and not Windows 9f13989baad2.png

it is necessary that when you turn on the download was immediately as in the picture, help help help please understand

Hi Pirat,

If I understand, your hard drive failed. You installed a new hard drive and set up GameEx again. Now you want to know how to boot the PC directly into GameEx. Is that correct?

Would you please attach your gameex.ini and log.txt file in a post? They can be found in the GameEx\CONFIG and GameEx\LOG directory.

I am currently traveling, but I should be able to look at this in a day or two (unless someone else jumps in)

6 minutes ago, RedDog said:

Hi Pirat,

If I understand, your hard drive failed. You installed a new hard drive and set up GameEx again. Now you want to know how to boot the PC directly into GameEx. Is that correct?

Would you please attach your gameex.ini and log.txt file in a post? They can be found in the GameEx\CONFIG and GameEx\LOG directory.

I am currently traveling, but I should be able to look at this in a day or two (unless someone else jumps in) 

GameEx.ini

Edited by Pirat
This is from the old emulator where the hard drive broke

Sorry guy, but you are using GameEx 5.31 has not been supported since 2006. Your best bet is to download the latest version and start from scratch. You may also want to consider upgrading the OS as well keeping in mind whether or not the hardware you have has any driver support within whatever OS you choose to upgrade beyond XP. 

so I bought a new 15.2 + windows 7 the whole problem is that I can’t set up the download correctly, that is, everything works only after loading windows, but it’s necessary to work as it’s turned on and immediately load the game as it is

You need to install GameEx latest version to its own directory (i.e. C:\GameEx ) and set gameex.exe to run as administrator for all users. You also need to download the latest version of Instant Sheller and set instantsheller.exe to run as administrator for all users.

41 minutes ago, Draco1962 said:

You need to install GameEx latest version to its own directory (i.e. C:\GameEx ) and set gameex.exe to run as administrator for all users. You also need to download the latest version of Instant Sheller and set instantsheller.exe to run as administrator for all users.

thanks, this is what I need

If you do not want to see it you will have to replace the file in the theme being launched with something more to your liking. This should probably be opened in another thread. You will havrd much to learn and explore for yourself if you are wanting to modify the theme or create your own 

@RedDog My bad. What threw me was using the word install when it appears he meant to say start instant sheller.

Do you have Instant Sheller installed under C:\Users\Pirat\Downloads... ? I recommend not installing it to what may be considered a protected area in Windows. Try installing Instant Sheller to C:\Instant Sheller and, as previously instructed, set the properties for instantsheller.exe to Run as administrator for all users. Then point the Boot logo to C:\Instant Sheller\Boot.bmp and see if that works. If so, then try changing it to gameex.bmp. If that does work great.