All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Support for animated GIF or video in PinballX\Media\Loading Images

daveyvandy

Currently, only a static image placed in " PinballX\Media\Loading Images" is supported as far as I know.

I was hoping there could be support in the future for playing a GIF or a video during the table load time.

(Or please correct me on how to do so currently) :P

Thank you.

On 11/6/2018 at 6:09 AM, BrandonLaw said:

It was supported last version and busted in the current version.  Might come back?  I created a similar thread not long ago.

Thanks for the reply. 
Which version are you referring to that worked?
I am using 3.29 right now.

Thank you.

On 11/10/2018 at 11:02 AM, daveyvandy said:

OK I tested a bunch and found that the last working version was 3.14!

I'll be using this version for now.

Thank you BrandonLaw for mentioning it worked in previous versions :cheers:

Keep in mind that the version you are using is deprecated and if you run into issues you will be asked to upgrade to the latest version as part of troubleshooting the most recent code.

7 hours ago, Tom Speirs said:

I removed the feature as it caused problems and made PinballX hang. I guess it turns it out for some it worked.

Hi @Tom Speirs, is it possible to have it restored but as a feature that can be enabled or disabled?

It seemed to work for me intermittently, but with all of the other animations, I just stuck with a png and called it a day. 

20 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

Keep in mind that the version you are using is deprecated and if you run into issues you will be asked to upgrade to the latest version as part of troubleshooting the most recent code.

Hi @Tom Speirs, is it possible to have it restored but as a feature that can be enabled or disabled?

It seemed to work for me intermittently, but with all of the other animations, I just stuck with a png and called it a day. 

I dig it.