All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Need to return to PinballX menu not PBFX2 menu

cyberjunk

Hi everyone,

My mini prototype :)First off, great site! It's really helped me get my cabinet up and running, so big thanks all round :)

I've built a small prototype cabinet (before the full size project gets under way!) to see how it all fits together, software, hardware, button configs and so on. It's a two monitor system - 22" widescreen for the playfield and a 17" 4x3 for the backglass and DMD. I'm using Pinball FX2 and PinballX as a frontend. With the help of various threads here I've got it all working pretty much seamlessly with the exception of returning to PinballX when exiting a table. Each time it takes me back to the PBFX2 menus, so I have to keep a mouse & keyboard attached all the time to exit PBFX2 and return to PinballX. Obviously the aim is to get it all self contained and just controlled by the buttons.

I was wondering if anyone could advise me on how I can set it up to return directly to the PinballX frontend without having to go through the PBFX2 menus. Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Graham

Try adding administrative privledges to pinball X, and setting Steam so it didn't automatically open when windows starts-- so when u run a pbfx2 table from pinball X it logs on to steam and runs the table-- then, when u quit steam with a button on your cab, it exits out and back to pinball x ?. also you have to hold the exit button for about 6 seconds do you get the coundown to exit?.