All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] 4k Resolution on Gameex

Alan Ribas

Recently I called my new telvision (4k) on my computer and opened the gameex frontend. I could see that some writings appeared over the brim of the menus and the names of the games that I never saw when playing using only my monitor. The resolution of the gameex is configured to conform to that present on the screen at the moment. Can anyone tell me what's going on? 

ps... If you take a close look at the beginning of the names of the emulators they realized what I'm talking about.

20181020_160529.jpg

20181020_160554.jpg

GameEx.ini

You are going to have to try changing the font used in the theme. Load the theme.ini for your theme in Theme Editor, go to Options>Fonts and try changing the Main and Title fonts to a different TrueType font. Save the change and load GameEx to see if that fixes the issue for you. If not, attach copies of your gameex.ini, theme.ini, and log.txt files.

Unfortunately, you did not attach your theme.ini file for the theme being used in order to know what font you are using, but regardless, try changing it as noted above.

On 11/1/2018 at 6:42 PM, Draco1962 said:

You are going to have to try changing the font used in the theme. Load the theme.ini for your theme in Theme Editor, go to Options>Fonts and try changing the Main and Title fonts to a different TrueType font. Save the change and load GameEx to see if that fixes the issue for you. If not, attach copies of your gameex.ini, theme.ini, and log.txt files.

Unfortunately, you did not attach your theme.ini file for the theme being used in order to know what font you are using, but regardless, try changing it as noted above.

I'll try what you suggested. And when I do I'll put an answer here. Thank you very much

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Draco1962 said:

@Alan Ribas - You have reported other issues since this one. What was your outcome? Can you identify the fonts you used that caused the issue and note any that did not have the problem?  Thanks!

Hi Draco1962. Sorry to be late. I remember very well dets topic that I created, I keep the flap open so do not forget to give the answer. The whole point is that I turn my computer on my television from time to time. But I'll do it today and give you the feedback. Thank you very much for your help!!!

3 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

@Alan Ribas - You have reported other issues since this one. What was your outcome? Can you identify the fonts you used that caused the issue and note any that did not have the problem?  Thanks!

Hi, again. I formatted my computer and reinstalled everything again. I plugged in my television and those strange strokes between the letters were gone. I did not have to change the source as I had advised. Anyway thanks a lot for the help !!!:D