All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

New to fx3, need setup advice

chip9399

So I have a virtual pinball cab and run vp on it , I just purchased the fx3 Williams tables and want to get them working thru pinball x front end. Is there a tutorials on set up, I have already activated a cabinet code from zen,    I have googles and not found anything yet, so I’m asking for some help, also might do a team viewing if someone can help, and I know you time is worth something, [email protected].  Thx

It's very easy. 

I just did it last week.

In settings check if fx3 is enabled and check the path. For example see screenshot

Open game manager and go to the pinball fx3.

It will put most of the tables in it. I added williams manually.

Setup wheels, playfield , backglass, sound. Dmd etc if you want and launch pinbalx.

That did it for me

fx3-classic.png

Perfect....that got them to startup on pinballx, thank you, now how do I get the buttons to work in cabinet, without having to use the keyboard, I seen in cab, on pbfx3 where you choose controller...I think this is where I need to change?? Any helpful hints here???

A bit easier to use and free is Joy2Key (Link.)  I use it on my MAME cab and my PINcab.  I remember fuddling with X360ce.  Getting it work across all games was a bit tedious as you had to copy the file to each game.  Just make sure to have J2K startup with your cab.

Perfect....that got them to startup on pinballx, thank you, now how do I get the buttons to work in cabinet, without having to use the keyboard, I seen in cab, on pbfx3 where you choose controller...I think this is where I need to change?? Any helpful hints here??? 

Got it , it’s working with 360ce, thanks a lot for your help, now on to  dmd, backglass,        I seem to be in classic mode and not the fun animated mode, I look into that as well

@chip9399

Let me know if you figured out the DMD part.

Not yet there. I have a pindmdv3. I just bought a hdmi connector that will simulate a screen.

I want to have the dmd on that screen (so not visible to me) and mirror with dmdtext the content to my real dmd.

On 10/25/2018 at 1:30 PM, chip9399 said:

Got it , it’s working with 360ce, thanks a lot for your help, now on to  dmd, backglass,        I seem to be in classic mode and not the fun animated mode, I look into that as well

Remove -class for animated mode