All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[GAME EX ARCADE] Sorting games by year and company... Progressing!

iral

Hello,

I have just finished to configure and install my Gameex Arcade latest version with Mame 0.197 romset.

Everything works fine and I have even add Atomiswave, Naomi, Model 2/3 and Zinc games.

I have the Draconus Theme, with video themes, artworks, videos, snap for all my games.

It's just perfect.

BUT, I'm missing one thing.

In the Mame menu, I have games sorted by Type, CHD, Trackball, Lightgun, CPS Games etc...

I really like to have just two others things: sorting games by Year and by Company (Taito, Konami, PGM, Cave....)

I think that I have to add custom ini files in the custom folder.

But I don't find any Catlist with year and company, just with genre, version...

Does anyone have this file?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks, I will!

But I'm sure that there is an existing Catfile.ini with year and company sorting.

When you launch Mame with no front-end, you can sort games by year and company.

56 minutes ago, iral said:

Thanks, I will!

But I'm sure that there is an existing Catfile.ini with year and company sorting.

When you launch Mame with no front-end, you can sort games by year and company.

You answered your own question. Regardless of the contents of the catver.ini  you are using, GameEx and GameEx Arcade determine what is displayed when you use the integrated support and the frontend's menu system.

Not sure...

I tried another Catver.ini and many many new categories are shown in the Mame menu in GameEx...

So you could add new categories when changing catver.

I will try to post an image.

As you can see, with customs catfiles, lots of other items are shown inside the menu of GameEx.

But no one for years or company.

Maybe I'm confusing with my bad english, sorry... :(

In fact, I'm just searching for an .ini files for years and another one for company, like those attached in the second screenshot.

GEAE.jpg

files.jpg

I'm progressing!

I have took two ini files from a MameUI 0.197 install: Years.ini and Manufacturers.ini.

I use the manufacturers as a custom ini file for my GameEx after cleaning it a bit, removing a lot of manufactureres, only keeping 40 of them.

It works! Taito, Konami, Cave, Data East, etc... games are sorted.

BUT there is still two problems:

1) The Manufacturers names don't appear in a "Manufacturer" folder.  Every company appears in the Mame menu, before CPS games, CHD games, etc...

It's a bit messy....

It would be perfect if a new folder could appears. Sure someone know how to do this.

2) every game is in double or triple now, in the list of is company an,d in the generale mame list...

3) Not a problem, but it would be cool if we can add icons for every company. There is one for Capcom, but none for the others.

File is attached if someone would help.

Sans titre.png

Manufacturer.ini

31 minutes ago, iral said:

I'm progressing!

I have took two ini files from a MameUI 0.197 install: Years.ini and Manufacturers.ini.

I use the manufacturers as a custom ini file for my GameEx after cleaning it a bit, removing a lot of manufactureres, only keeping 40 of them.

It works! Taito, Konami, Cave, Data East, etc... games are sorted.

BUT there is still two problems:

1) The Manufacturers names don't appear in a "Manufacturer" folder.  Every company appears in the Mame menu, before CPS games, CHD games, etc...

It's a bit messy....

It would be perfect if a new folder could appears. Sure someone know how to do this.

2) every game is in double or triple now, in the list of is company an,d in the generale mame list...

3) Not a problem, but it would be cool if we can add icons for every company. There is one for Capcom, but none for the others.

File is attached if someone would help.

Sans titre.png

Manufacturer.ini

I don't believe it is possible for someone to do anything other than to program the interface (GameEx Arcade) to add these menu filters as a feature request as was previously suggested.

Excuse me, but I don't understand...

You can see in my screenshot that using a custom ini add some things to the interface... No?

There are those lines in the beginning of the . ini:

[FOLDER_SETTINGS]
RootFolderIcon custom
SubFolderIcon custom

Maybe they could be changed...

I see that but it doesn't mean the GameEx Arcade can use the custom ini file to access the games within nor as a separate menu item like the ones that filter games by vertical, horizontal, multiplayer, genre, etc.

Ok! I understand what you mean. No global item via these ini files without re-programming the interface!

As I can still run  games via this ini file, I will just use it for only 2 or 3 company, Cave and PGM for exemple, It will just add two folders to the menu and won't be too intrusive...

Thanks for your answers.