All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Zaccaria Direct Launch for PBX

GAH1068

1 hour ago, halen said:

MIke

I run pinball x in admin mode. My config file is below. If i use the key to exit to emulate by pinball x i have black screen and dont return to pinball x. If i exit of Zaccaria by exit button of the program i have the same problem.

PinballX.ini 11.53 kB · 1 download

if you have the problem by exiting the game using normal exit way of the game you got a problem somewhere else i think. verify in taskmanager.exe when you exit that zaccariapinball.exe actually is closed. I just test on my cabinet again, i get a blackscreen for like 3 seconds (which is normal) before menu of pinballx is shown again so everything works normally for me. One reason i can think of is that for some reason with you zaccariapinball.exe is not exited with you correctly (which you can verify in taskmanger).

It's also possible these lines are causing problems with you i have not included them in my version of the script it was added at a later time but i have my doubts about this you can try to remove them and test (don't forgot to right click ahk file and choose compile after modifying the script) It's also possible you did not change the path correctly here to your zaccaria xml database causing problems or pinballx.ini and if you do want to use that you need to change System_7 to the one specified in the ini file (in your case it's System_2)
image.png.7f20f4d365d2ed8dff5e42a88f5b0a9c.png

normally it should not give problems but i left it out in my version so never tested with it

otherwise no idea, i run my zaccaria without admin but i do run pinballx with admin rights and my quit emulator key is set to ESC

edit: it's probably the 2nd part i talked about as i see you have your pinball stuff on the d:\ drive

8 hours ago, halen said:

MIke

I run pinball x in admin mode. My config file is below. If i use the key to exit to emulate by pinball x i have black screen and dont return to pinball x. If i exit of Zaccaria by exit button of the program i have the same problem.

PinballX.ini 11.53 kB · 4 downloads

Do you also have your logfile (where you do an exit from Zaccaria ?)

13 hours ago, halen said:

Guys

New table Strike Deluxe Pinbal!!!

GameName is strikedeluxe, also check the docklets topic for new wheel / logo images also available on ftp. On ftp topper video is also available (in my directory)

<game name="strikedeluxe">
		<description>Strike Deluxe (Magic Pixel 2020)</description>
		<rom></rom>
		<manufacturer>Magic Pixel</manufacturer>
		<year>2020</year>
		<type>DX</type>
		<hidedmd>True</hidedmd>
		<hidetopper>True</hidetopper>
		<hidebackglass>True</hidebackglass>
		<enabled>True</enabled>
		<rating>0</rating>
	</game>

• Like 1

thx for all the info but i'm totally lost on this one could someone write a tutorial step by step on how to do it in order and where i have to put this file and that file etc. that would be very appreciated thank you

ok i follow all the instruction i found on all the page did my setup exactly like the picture show on the first post in game list manager and pinball x i see the table but when i try to load a table it just bring me back to pinballx anyone have a idea what im missing ....

thx in advance for the help 

29 minutes ago, nanuk101 said:

here u go hope it will help to understand and fix the prob thx for the help

log.txtFetching info... PinballX.iniFetching info...

ok found a prob with the log now i go a bit further when i try to open a table i get this error

zaccaria.jpg

log.txt

did you modify the ahk file to reflect your zaccaria pinball database CORRECT location and then right clicked the ahk and choose compile so you get an exe and used that exe to launch games? (you need autohotkey installed todo this). I'm guessing you did not as that error is displayed if you put the yellow part wrong. It must match your zaccaria database file
image.png.611f77f7f90d752c8e8920bc2b17f08a.png

4 hours ago, joyrider3774 said:

did you modify the ahk file to reflect your zaccaria pinball database CORRECT location and then right clicked the ahk and choose compile so you get an exe and used that exe to launch games? (you need autohotkey installed todo this). I'm guessing you did not as that error is displayed if you put the yellow part wrong. It must match your zaccaria database file
image.png.611f77f7f90d752c8e8920bc2b17f08a.png

damn tx it did the trick i forgot to remove the pinball in front of pinball x tx a lot

• 2 weeks later...

I'm modifying the script so i can set nr of balls (3 or 5), nr of players (1-4) and choose the other game modes and also added an option to immediatly start the table and not wait anymore for input (choosing 2 times play) .. Once that finished i can use my launcher todo this
image.png.fa79e9bb0c37c2da3a9079a839e9ee22.png
the 1st 4 rows are for the classic mode (and hotseat) and the other rows to select the other single player game modes. it seems to be working fine on my machine already but i have to test more and there is only a small problem, the 90 sec game mode does not work because there is a bug in the game that resets it to classic if it was chosen in settings.xml (bug is reported lets hope they fix it). You see the game seems to remember all previously selected options and it's only a matter of modifying settings.xml before launching the game just like it is done with selecting tables and then pressing enter a few times to start the table. I'll post more when i'm finished but it's already a small preview :)

Ok i finished testing and am using it now on my cabinet.

The modified launchzaccaria.ahk as well as the launcher app is included in this zip file  Zaccaria.Launcher.App.zip

Like with all my launcher versions first run ZaccariaLauncher.exe and immediatly quit it with alt+f4 then open up ZaccariaLauncher.ini and edit your keys / joypad etc in the same way as is explained here for the pinball fx3 launcher.  

Next setup the system in settings.exe like so (only the executable changes to the launcher if you had previously configured the script from 1st post and ofcourse use your own working path where you placed the files)

Settings.thumb.PNG.f1c5ba126602d3d8fe704a34fa72deec.PNG

Next edit the AHK script as explained in the 1st post of this topic mainly the zaccaria pinball database location (i have edited it to be c:\\PinballX\Databases\Zaccaria Pinball\Zaccaria Pinball.xml save the AHK file, right click the file and choose compile a new launchzaccaria.exe should have been created if you do not see the compile option install autohotkey

Once Setup try to launch a game and do not press any buttons it should automatically select the game mode or hotseat / multiplayer options if you had selected that (unlike the previous version of the script were you had to select play a few times yourselve). If for any reason the table does not start and sits on the screens where you need to select play. Verify that the table preview was not shown during all of this. If it was shown edit the autohotkey script and lower this value "WaitForPlayMenu = 7000" so that the table preview is never shown when idling on the screens where you have to select play and game modes etc. It's also possible the table takes more than 7 seconds to load with your system then increase the "WaitForPlayMenu = 7000" but not by too much as it's important that the table preview never loads in order for autostarting of the table to work.

If for any reason you do not want to the table to start automatically but rather have it work like the initial script on the intial page where it loads the table and you have to press the play buttons yourselve or do some other changes before playing edit ZaccariaLauncher.ini Loop through all the button setups and with each button change 1st value from params to 0. So for example if there was written the following

Original:

[BUTTON_ONE]
TEXT=1 Player Classic
ENABLED=1
PARAM=1 1 classic 3

Change it to

[BUTTON_ONE]
TEXT=1 Player Classic
ENABLED=1
PARAM=0 1 classic 3

if you prefer to play with 5 balls instead of 3 balls also edit the ini and change the last parameter in param values from 3 to 5 for example like so

Original:

[BUTTON_ONE]
TEXT=1 Player Classic
ENABLED=1
PARAM=1 1 classic 3

Change To

[BUTTON_ONE]
TEXT=1 Player Classic
ENABLED=1
PARAM=1 1 classic 5

I did not add parameters to choose arcade / simulation / customn options if that's needed please let me know and i'll expand the script however zaccaria pinball remembers what you had last chose for this value so if you prefer simulation mode over arcade mode or your own customn settings select that once by launching zaccaria pinball from steam and starting a game with the settings you want and then starting a table and exiting the game.

Details about the new parameters for the launchzaccaria.ahk script / changes:

Parameters:

1. Table / GameName (as in the original)
  2. a "0" or "1" value determining if the script should attempt to press the play buttons for you and immediatly start the table without user interaction (if not supplied 0 is assumed like in original script)
  3. Number of players can be 1,2,3,4 if any other or no value is specified "1" is assumed
  4. GameMode: Can be any of the following strings (if empty classic is assumed)
    classic
    checkpoint
    challenge
    survivor
    lamphunter
    targeteliminator
    90sec (currently selecting this does not work see bug report here )
  5. Number of Balls: Can be 3 or 5 only if any other number is supplied or no number at all 3 is assumed

Other Changes:

• I removed the adding the table to lastplayed section as it requires people to know the (other) system value from pinballx.ini and most people did not seem to change this
  • On the intro screen i do not use mouse cursor positioning and mouse click to enter the main menu i have replaced this with a return key press as this works fine for me. The code for the mouse click is still there you would just need to uncomment it and comment the (single) return key press (very 1st one) if this is not working for you
  • Added WaitForGameLoad variable and setted value to 15000 (15 seconds). this value determines how long to wait before the intro screen should be shown if you notice the intro screen is idling a bit long before the script goes to the main menu lower this value. The original script also had such value but it was burried inside the script and hardcoded now you can change this variable in the beginning of the script
  • Added KeyWait value to determine time before keydown / keyup presses. This was not really needed you don't need to worry about this i only added as it's easier to change the value in case of problems in the future with keypresses so one does not have to go and change every single sleep statement related to this but it should not affect anything now.
  • for more changes download original script and my modified script then download beyondcompare  and compare the original script with my modified version and you'll see everything that was added / changed and you can if you like put some things back from original script

For a screenshot how the launcher looks just look in the post above this one... Have fun !

• 3 weeks later...

GAH 1068

I did some tests with pinball x and Zaccaria pinball working with the Zaccaria script. I configured Zaccaria Pinball to work with joytokey and pinball x with Keycodes (pinball x settings) and it worked very well. When I configured Pinball x to work with joytokey and Zaccaria pinball too, the script didn't work. Am I doing something wrong?

Hey all,

Sorry, I run a bit behind with my cab, but I finally update to the new program of @joyrider3774 (thanks mate, works like a charm !)
Does any know where to find the following mega docklets styles on FTP ?

a_treasure Treasure (Magic Pixel 2017)
ewf Earth Wind Fire (Zaccaria 1981)
fmountain Fire Mountain (Zaccaria 1980)
fworld Future World (Zaccaria 1978)
mcastle Magic Castle (Zaccaria 1984)
mexico Mexico 86 (Zaccaria 1986)
pchampion Pool Champion (Zaccaria 1985)
pinballchamp Pinball Champ (Zaccaria 1982)
pinballchamp83 Pinball Champ (Zaccaria 1983)
rapids Shooting The Rapids (Zaccaria 1979)
soccerkings Soccer Kings (Zaccaria 1982)
sshuttle Space Shuttle (Zaccaria 1980)
stargod Star God (Zaccaria 1980)
timemachine Time Machine (Zaccaria 1983)
wsports Winter Sports (Zaccaria 1978)

10 hours ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

Hey all,

Sorry, I run a bit behind with my cab, but I finally update to the new program of @joyrider3774 (thanks mate, works like a charm !)
Does any know where to find the following mega docklets styles on FTP ?

a_treasure Treasure (Magic Pixel 2017)
ewf Earth Wind Fire (Zaccaria 1981)
fmountain Fire Mountain (Zaccaria 1980)
fworld Future World (Zaccaria 1978)
mcastle Magic Castle (Zaccaria 1984)
mexico Mexico 86 (Zaccaria 1986)
pchampion Pool Champion (Zaccaria 1985)
pinballchamp Pinball Champ (Zaccaria 1982)
pinballchamp83 Pinball Champ (Zaccaria 1983)
rapids Shooting The Rapids (Zaccaria 1979)
soccerkings Soccer Kings (Zaccaria 1982)
sshuttle Space Shuttle (Zaccaria 1980)
stargod Star God (Zaccaria 1980)
timemachine Time Machine (Zaccaria 1983)
wsports Winter Sports (Zaccaria 1978)

@Mike_da_Spike i have them except for a_treasure, never unlocked that table so could not make a wheel (you need to finish campaign mode to receive that table), but i never uploaded them as i did not create them. I can upload my complete set somewhere if needed also i'm not too sure my wheel images for pinballchamp & pinballchamp83 are correct, those games confuse me as they have multiple versions

edit: uploaded them here /-PinballX-/Other Uploads/Joyrider3774/Zaccaria Pinball/Wheel Images/my set (some created by others) 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...